Suzuki Central Forum banner

81 - 96 of 96 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #81 (Edited)
ok here the deal , started the engine again start fine and idle fine for like a min , if i try to push the throttle over 1/8 , its instantly dies , or if i dont touch it it will die after a minute or so.
is it starving for fuel? clean carb again? there is a good stream af fuel from tthe tank.... realy not sure what to do, it used to bog and back fire whith throttle but not to die....
im almost positive itsd fuel problem , i changed carb again to the fake ebay one(the carb that was originly on this carb, and its idle fine but hard to start cold, and rev up when push the throttle but backfire and bog.
its not lean becouse when i pull the choke it instantly dies.
i noticed another thing , that if i slam on the throttle it instantly dies , but if i pull it slow it will rev up until half throttle , dont know what that mean...

·
Administrator
7,799 Posts
Nothing is standing out to me, except that I forgot if you're running an air box lid or not, and can you get a video of it acting like that?

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #83
lid on , foam filter, lexx exaust, 130 main , 22.5 pilot jet ,2.5 turns out ,used to work before , the new head+ kw +1 valves and duel springs, new weisco piston and cylinder, i will get video soon

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #84
i have decided to buy a 37mm fcr carb that i got in very good price, any thingi need to inspect/pay attension when i buy it?

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #86
hi
i was chatting with some1 at facebook group(ltz 400) , and he said that its sound to him either the kw valves are too long/timinig issue /the drz duel springs wont go with oem camshaft .... could that be ?
but he insisted that its more timing issue then carb.
the thing is checked timing for like 4 times already.
should i tear the head off and inspect?
i have a feeling that the fcr carb wont resolve my issue

·
Super Moderator
4,318 Posts
The DRZ springs are an upgrade from the stock valve train and work perfectly with any setup on this quad. Checking valve clearance is verifying the valves aren’t worn. If it was a timing issue, it probably wouldn’t start or idle correctly. It’s either the carb or air leak at the carb, fuel related, or a CDI or something like that.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #88
aight ty, u pretty much calm me down .
i tried diffrent cdi's already.
didnt found any air leak , i will grab and install the fcr ,maby after the swap it will wrok smoothly

·
Administrator
7,799 Posts
Just had a thought when I was reading about someone suggesting it as a timing issue. Did you use the mark next to the "T" on the flywheel as your TDC mark? I ask, because someone I was helping recently, was using the "T" instead, which was wrong. I can see where that would be an easy way to end up with the timing incorrect.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #90
na , i lined up with the line next to the "T" , this saga realy drive me crazy ...
u know the feeling when u finish a project and its humble....
im realy trying to see what can couse it (something that i do)
u got any suggestion that i should do? cleaned carb already , good stream of fuel from tank ,eco...

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #91
ok here it goes, i replaced the stator , now running like a beast, it rev up and have full power.
tho from time to time when i pushthe throttle to wot , it want to die like it wont get enough fuel , but if i leave the throttle and then push again to wot it will run great again...,

·
Administrator
7,799 Posts
ok here it goes, i replaced the stator , now running like a beast, it rev up and have full power.
tho from time to time when i pushthe throttle to wot , it want to die like it wont get enough fuel , but if i leave the throttle and then push again to wot it will run great again...,

Improvement! That's good news. Now it sounds like some minor jetting changes will get you back to normal.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #93
yea defintly improvement, instead of jetting ,i think the fcr37 will solve this , hope to get it tomorrow so i can start riding again...

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #94
but why it comes and goes? , i whould think something is blocking the main jet/needle , but i cleaned it few times already....

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #95
last update(hope so :) )...
went to test drive and saw that the bogging is at half throttle ,so i took the fuel screw half turn in , so its 2 turns out (was 2.5) , and no more bog, runs great .
thx for all the help ,couldnt do what i did without u guys ...

81 - 96 of 96 Posts