Suzuki Central Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok putting hot cams in my bike and replaced the valves and valve springs, now im setting the lash my intake valves have 0 clearence with 285 shims, and my exhausts have .013 in with 312 shims, left my manual in the shop at work and trying to figure out what shims i need i tried that valve shim calculator, but doenst seem to work for me , and yes i rememberd the in, mm thing so what shims do i need ?

intake clearence = 0 shim = 285
exhaust clearence = .013 in shim = 312

i know the intake is almost going to be a guess being you dont know how much its pushing down on valves

also are shims something a stealership nomrally stocks?

·
Premium Member
12,454 Posts
You're going to have to put in small enough shims to get some kind of gap and then go from there.
Dealer should have shims. Before buying a shim kit I would go out back where the service area was and swap shims with the mechanics. Might try swapping for some 250 or there abouts....?
Maybe somebody else has a better way to do it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
You're going to have to put in small enough shims to get some kind of gap and then go from there.
Dealer should have shims. Before buying a shim kit I would go out back where the service area was and swap shims with the mechanics. Might try swapping for some 250 or there abouts....?
Maybe somebody else has a better way to do it.
my ltz 400 has no clearance one one intake side even with no shim at all its still contacting the bucket no room to get a feeler guage in between at all...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts