Suzuki Central Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
1982 Suzuki RM250 For Sale. This bike was considered a Works bike in it's a day. Fastest 250 and best rear suspension ever produced. Has '83 43mm. forks with DLS brakes, DG pipe & silencer, newer Maxxis tires, aftermarket air filters, Boyesen reeds, new crank seal, 4th over bore, new plastic & seat cover, etc. The bottom end is an '83 and the top end an '82. Top end has roughly 12 hours. When the motor was out I did a nice detail. Been ridden 2 hours since the crank seal was replaced. Very fast and the suspension is awesome. Jetted for 5000' elevation. Will help with shipping. Sell for $1750.

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
That's Beautiful! I love those older vintage dirt bikes.. especially the YZ's, but your RM is puuurrrdy :)

·
Registered
962 Posts
These old bikes are cool. My Pap has a Rojan I might get running. The other day I saw a KTM that looked just like this RM. It was the last year that they gave the bikes model names. I guess after that they were just called KTM's.

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
They were called Penton's before the KTM name took over. I used to race an old KTM 495 back in the early 80's.

Yeah, I like the older YZ's as well. The rear suspension wasn't very good, but the motors and handling were solid

·
Registered
962 Posts
Buddah I remember that now. Yep that exactly what they were called. It was a cool looking bike. He completley rebuilt it. Powdercoated the frame black and everything else orange. He does dirt bike hare scramble. Said that he may enter in a vintage bike hare scramble.

·
Registered
2,340 Posts
I brother had an old race rm250 like it was a 1989, still pretty nice. It blew up so we got rid of it lol. Too bad we didn't know how to rebuilt a motor then.

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Buddah I would buy it but I don't have $1750 (thanks to my Z)
Believe me, I understand. Quads are money pits, no question, but it's in our blood. :D

1 - 13 of 13 Posts