Suzuki Central Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I removed my warning labels last night. I now have pictures of them removed. Just look in my signature for the link and look under warning labels. I think it looks alright, I just need to fill in the holes or get some sort of black plastic or carbon fiber in their place.

·
Registered
2,322 Posts
What would you think about some chrome replacements? They'd go right in there with metal rivets and would have a mirror finish. Like chrome and like a mirror (Obviously) Let me know if your interested, or anybody else for that matter.

·
Registered
2,322 Posts
It wouldnt be hard to clean. Its actually aluminum and then powdercoated a chrome finish. We're looking about $30, seem fair? I know a guy who can make this kinda stuff. let me know if your interested.

·
Registered
2,322 Posts
ya, pre-drilled, pre-cut w/ aluminum rivets for installation
It is still in the air though so Im not guranteeing anything, just seeing if theres interest.

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You got yourself a deal if you can make it happen. Let me know when you know. I'll be checking this forum and ATV Connection periodically this weekend.

:oops: After typing this I got an e-mail from the carbon fiber guy on e-bay and he says they have the gas tank cover done already and the warning lables are almost done. I may have spoke to soon. I'll know more later on, on which way I'm going, carbon or metal. I kinda think carbon because it matches the Z sorta with other some of the other black pieces and if I pick aluminum then I need to go with all shiny parts for my Z. I would rather stay with black.

Can the metal be black?

·
Registered
970 Posts
Some guys cut and put carbon fiber inserts in there too. I liked my Polaris because you could just remove the labels with no indentations in the fenders!!!

·
Registered
2,322 Posts
He could probably powdercoat it black instead. I just think the chrome looks weet there because you can see the reflection of the side panel and other stuff, depending upon what angle you look at it. I'll try to post a pic with a Raptor.

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The e-bay guy is going to send me a picture of it installed on the Z then I'll know what it looks like and if I can get the chrome metal picture too that would be perfect. I just don't know what to do, they are both going to look sweet !

·
Registered
2,322 Posts
What did you use to drill em out with? Just a small drill bit? I dont wnat to scratch up the plastic or anything.

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
At first I started to drill them out but then I broke 2 bits doing this because I have really cheap bits. They may even be wood bits, I don't know. So I just cut the metal warning labels off around each rivet and then pulled the warning labels off. This left the rivets still in the plastic. The plastic is super soft, what I did was pinch the front of the rivet down and pull it out from the back. It worked out great.

If you have metal drill bits then it will be no problem to drill the rivets out.

I was thinking more on that metal idea for the Z, a black shiny metal would look really nice. Like an automotive paint job and then use silver rivets. That would look awesome !! Is it possible to get it black and mirror like? I don't know what your friend can do with colors and such but I bet it will be good. Did you ever get any pictures of that raptor with the chrome like metal warning replacement labels?

·
Registered
2,322 Posts
He also has a powdercoating shop so Im sure he could special do you some in mirror black, it might be a little extra though, not sure yet. I havent gt that picture yet but I'll go work on it. Im not the best at posting pics on here either but I'll try

·
Registered
773 Posts
all you have to do is hold the back of the rivet with a pair of pliers then drill it for like 3 seconds, it will break right off.

·
Registered
2,322 Posts

·
Registered
544 Posts
I like them. :evil: :evil:

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
carbon fiber would look nice there they sell them on ebay

·
Registered
94 Posts
Be lucky you don't live in Canada. Here, we have english plates in the left and french stickers on the right. Spend a good half hour just peelin' those buggers off. I'm leaving the english plates on for now.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Looks kind of dull with a big slab of metal their...just not right.
It would look better with some design or logo on the peice...if not just leave it alone. Thats my .02

1 - 20 of 22 Posts