Suzuki Central Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3,347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a 2000 Yamaha Blaster and i removed all the warning labels it looks frekin sweet but during th e process i scratched the crap out of the plasic is there a specific tool i should use?????

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
When your taking the sticker off use a heat gun or hair dryer. Use it to heat up the sticker and will come right off. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
3,755 Posts
some of them have pins though and I think those are the ones he's talking about, how to get the pins off easier

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
I didnt think in 2000 they had rivets. If you have rivet you just drill the rivet out.

·
Registered
2,058 Posts
or get like wire cutter clippers and clip the backs thats what i did

·
Registered
3,755 Posts
I've thought about doing it before, but what do you fill the holes with?

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
Im not sure how you fill the wholes. But one way to you could do it is take jb weld and fill the holes with it and smooth off the top. Then get some paint and paint over the jb weld. Im not sure how good this would look but it works.

·
Registered
88 Posts
warning holes

I used trick carbon fiber and stainless steel bolts, or just use small stainless steel bolts, available at any hardware store. Those pop rivits are rough to get out, they tend to spin when drilled. I just heated a screw driver and touched it to the rivits and pushed them through since i was going to put bolts through them. good luck bob

·
Registered
3,347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
yea i had to deal with the stupid rivets.... thats what i did i used stickers

·
Registered
773 Posts
i like the way the carbon fiber looks. ..

·
Registered
296 Posts
Removing Labels

So the best method for removing the labels (stickers) is just a heat gun/hair dryer and your finger nail? If so, I'll give it a shot. Anyone one used products (like Goo-Gone) to remove or just have another method in general?

·
Registered
3,675 Posts
Goo Gone works really good if the sticker leaves any residue....but wd-40 will work on the residue as well. As far as the rivets go, if there are any...just use a drill bit that is just a little bigger than the inner diameter of the rivet. You can use a set of pliers to hold the back of the rivets if they start to spin...that's what I did. As far as the holes...I just left mine...I may get my friend to make some yellow stickers to go over them for me. Just depends on if he has the color or not.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts