Suzuki Central Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there... I went trail riding on my 03 z400 and I hit a water hole that ended up being way too deep and sank my quad. I tried starting it once after I up ended it and drained the water it only clicked but didnt turn over.. I pulled it home and havent tried to start it again. Are there any suggestions on how I should begin trying to get her going again? Oil changes, carb cleaning, etc?? What kind of damage can this do?

·
Super Moderator
4,878 Posts
Drain oil and case (a few times), pull spark plug and verify cylinder has no water in it. Drain/clean out airbox, intake, carb, and throat, dry out the filter. Take apart/dry out all harness connectors. Empty the exhaust of water. Probably need to take the starter apart and drain it. All I can think of at the moment.

Reactions: JOE G

·
Super Moderator
3,610 Posts
On the trail if we submerge one, we drain the airbox if needed, drain the carb bowl, and pull the plug to turn it over and spit the water out. Then ride end enjoy, till we get home, and do a couple of oil changes, like jet suggests..

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks amc.. I'll do that immediately the next time I decide to be stupid.. lol.. i usually dont do that to my quads but.. the trail was unforgiving

1 - 4 of 4 Posts