Suzuki Central Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yup....we just traded in a 2002 CRF450 and a 2002 CR250 towards 2 new KFX400's! They are expected to be in anytime from August on. We are crossing our fingers! If any of you noticed it looks like the black plastic cover that goes over the lights and nose comes off. Its green underneath. I hope that it looks clean under that. Otherwise I'm sure a green one will be out soon.

I don't want to hear that we should of got Z's because we could have had 2 of the Z's yesterday. By getting the KFX's we made out better on our trades. After all....its the same machine and the green looks sweet also.

We are looking into pipes and twist throttle kits. We will also be doing some night riding....do those lights work really really good? They offer a 35 watt bulbs for the machines...just wondering if anybody tried them and if they make a considerable difference.

This looks like a cool site and I'll probably post a lot here.

Later fellow Raptor dissapointers! :twisted:

·
Registered
544 Posts
Cool, have fun riding. 8)

·
Registered
773 Posts
I wonder how that black plastic piece will look on a white or yellow Z?  If it looks good I wouldn't mind getting one.[/b]
it fits fine, mine is coming next week in carbon fiber!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Bottomline, I like my Z, but I must say, the lights suck for night rideing. If you are rideing with a large group that stay close you can get by, but if you are rideing 1 or 2 to a group, you need something differant for lights.

I can only compare with a 300EX, but I will guess that the EX is at least 35% better over the Z as far as lights go!

Just my .02.

Good luck w the KFX's

Later...

·
Registered
105 Posts
Good luck with the KFX's and welcome to the site.

Sorry haven't gotten a chance to ride at night with the Z yet.

·
Registered
773 Posts
i dont think that the lights are not that bad, i had a 400ex before this and the light are definately better than the EX's. maybe youre just used to the moving light that the 300ex has.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks guys.

Hey Aproy....got a link for that carbon fiber? Is it clear and checkered or colored? How much does that go for man? If ya don't got a link, then pics would be cool.

They do offer a 35 watt bulb upgrade for the Z400.

Guys...we are sooooo excited.....getting the fever BAD! Tell us about the Z smokin' some other machines.....hewhehehe :twisted:

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hey bbertram....we didn't get the KFX's yet....but we did trade the bikes in. We got a reciept...we owed $2000....we went in today and gave him $700. So when he gets the KFX's in we give him $1300 and then we hit the dirt! :twisted:

He said that the deliveries start in August....we don't know exactly when we will get 'em man.....so we are jonesin'....lol....BUT...we do DEFINATELY have the 2 that are coming in. 8)

The dealer is Dame's Motorsports in Plattsburgh, NY and the guys name is Mark Dame.

You can probably go to your local dealer and make a deal now man.

·
Registered
143 Posts
are you afraid that your going to miss the dirtbikes? have you ridden alot of quads? the z is fast, but not cr250 fast.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hey bbertram....thats what I thought at first man....lol. Then my buddy said he thought you were asking us. Just didn't want to ignore ya man. We are wondering that too. I did see a carbon fiber piece at Abla (I think it was) that goes around the cas cap area and comes down to the seat.

Sam...I have had some serious 250R's and a real serious Tecate. I love the ATV's man. As far as CR250 fast....I know what you mean. Out of those 2 bikes we just traded in the CRF450 walked all over the CR250! The 250 did have the advantage in the woods and the tight stuff because the 450 required a lot of careful throttle control and clutch work (only in tight stuff). That 450 is hands down the fastest bike I ever rode. You see...what makes that 450 such a monster is the dual overhead cam design (JUST LIKE THE Z400 and KFX400 :twisted: ) and a few other things (like the Z's and KFZ's). The 250 winds incredible fast (like an 80 man....couldn't believe it)while the 450 had a buch broader mid range to top end really smooth torqie pull. That is what we are hoping for on the KFX's. Another fastor is that most of the places near us are sand dunes. The bikes are all over the place. What I mean is the front tires skate around a lot and we even fall down just turning around sometimes...lol. Thats why we have been avoinding the pits the last few times we rode the bikes. We WANT to take advantage of the sweet pits around here...and we will with the KFX's. :twisted: Lest face it...Quads rule in the sand...and we don't have to worry about the balance factor that we had with the bikes. PLUS...we can do some night riding! 8) So....we just gotta sit back and wait for the quads to come in....thats hard man.

·
Registered
142 Posts
I never did that much night quadin but Ive seen post that when the fan kicks on the lights go dim even when you rev it up some. Mine did no such thing. They were bright enough to see light beams in the woods before it was even dark enough that I thought I would see them, I was just "testing" them as It was the first day and had already read about poor lights. I noticed no difference at all at idle when the fan kicked on or off in the brightness. I thought they were fine for quad lights. Nothing compares to sled lights but those had better be good being most sleds can do 100 mph these days. Night sledin is actually better than day sledin as far as visibility on the snow.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts