Suzuki Central Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I havnt realy been lookin lately but does anyone on here have anything done to there motors? i was looking at the yoshimura 450 kit but i dont want to go bigger than 440? does anyone know any good kits out there or anything to put together that can really make my quad faster? want to out run my neighbors cdale.. thanx :?: :?: :?:

·
Registered
379 Posts
Check out the dyno in my signature. I have the Trinity Racing 440 and I will post the dyno with my new cams tomorrow. I am 3 for 3 on holeshots. That says something in itself.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Thumper Racing has a 400 kit. I'm installing it as we speak. I'll have the cylinder back from the machine shop Wed. We are porting the head a little and installing cams. Stock carb for now,,need more $$$$$$. I'll have it back together and dialed in by Sat. I'll post outcome. I installed the full Yosh with dynojet kit last week and it helped,,but not enough. Stay tuned!

·
Registered
109 Posts
how much is the thumper kit?? where did you get it from??

·
Registered
189 Posts
I got it from Thumper Racing. Go to there web site,,theres a 800# you can call. I set up an account with them so I could get the stuff at dealer cost,,,so I dont know what it'd cost average bob or joe. I work for a motorcycle perf shop. I can tell you this,, the piston,sleeve,gaskets,clutch plates&springs,cams (intake&exhaust) will you cost you less than half the price of these other big bore kits I'm seeing (Yosh,Trinity,CT) and thats the average Joe price. Keep in mind,,you still have to pay someone to bore the cylinder ($120) and install the kit. If you are in any way mechanically inclined and have a decent work area,,,do it yourself,,,just get the service book from Alba racing and go at it. Its VERY easy. No trick tools needed. Let me know if you want a kit,,,I'll go through the invoice and put together a price that'll satisfy. Keep in mind,,the cheapest kit I've seen was CT I think and it was around $1400.

A

·
0 Posts
I just spoke with Gary at THUMPER RACING....here's the deal.

440 H.O. Kit & the 470 H.O. go for the SAME price :arrow: $1101

Then there is the basic (without cams and porting) big bore kits.
They are the 440 and the 470 and both cost $576.

Gary said that they don't do the dyno thing.

I say...Unless you are THERE and seeing the dyno take place...I wouldn't bet on it. A piece of paper don't mean a thing to me as far as dynos go.

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
a little off topic but expert rider where do you live in ohio

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
i herd that white brothers has a 416 kit out for the Z

1 - 8 of 8 Posts