Suzuki Central Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i do not know anything about carbs . i will not be opening up the internals of the motor for about a year but i would like to get a little bit more power out of my kfx . what carb would be the best for me ? i have a full pipe, k&n and outerwears cover . pleasehelp . any info at all would be great ! tahnx for your time . dave

·
Registered
399 Posts
prolly edlebrock

·
Registered
227 Posts
Look around and find a 39mm FCR carb from a YZ, or WR 400/426, or a DRZ 400 E or K model. They will bolt right up with the use of a DRZ e intake manifold, carb parts bell housing, DRZe petcock, and DRZe throttle cables. For sea level jetting put in a EMM needle, 158 main, 180 main air jet, 38 pilot jet, adjustable pilot air screw from Sudco turned 1/2 to9/16 turns out, with the fuel screw turned about 2 turns out. You can find the carbs for around $175, add everything else to it that you need for another $125, and you have $300 into the same carb setup that carb parts sells for $500. Another plus is that the TPS on the FCR will connect right up to the stock ignition. I am using these settings on my DRZ 400s, and it was a much bigger power improvement than any thing else I have done

1 - 3 of 3 Posts