Suzuki Central Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've looked all over the forums and haven't found any about what type of coolant to run. what type of coolant should I run. I live in West Virginia and right now its pretty hot. My z seems to get warm now.

·
Registered
112 Posts
You should just be able to use a conventional antifreeze, like the stuff you put in your car. I wouldn't think there is any specific application in this case. And for keeping the z nice and cool I always use something they sell at most parts places called "water wetter," it's bright pink. http://www.redlineoil.com/product.aspx?pid=74&pcid=10
Seems to help in keeping the coolant temp down a few degrees.

·
Registered
658 Posts
ive used regular car antifreeze quite often with no problems. I use engine ice in my built R it tends to run hot. Seems to help a bit. For a stock bike with working fan you should be fine with regular antifreeze.

·
Premium Member
7,896 Posts
Regular everyday antifreeze mixed 50/50 with distilled water. Do not use straight antifreeze and do not mix with tap water. If you dont want to mix, you can buy it already mixed, but its more costly. Make sure you know which one you have.

·
Premium Member
10,210 Posts
I couldn't find water wetter so I ran engine ice too. I noticed my fan doesn't come on as much, not that it really bothered me before though.
If you do just get regular antifreeze, check the directions on the back of the bottle because some of the cheaper brands its hard to tell if its pre-mix or not. Most like prestone will pop right out and say 50/50 ready to use

·
Registered
193 Posts
Is it okay if I use car coolant in my radiator ? Another qquestion I ran my 2007 Suzuki ltz400 and the exhaust pipe closest to the head glows red in N, any ideas? Reply or email at [email protected]
If it's stock pipe and it's glowing red, sounds like your Z is running lean. I have seen aftermarket pipes glow a little red but not like a bright glow.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts