Suzuki Central Forum banner

what do you all think 300ex's

1K views 32 replies 17 participants last post by  yamahaowns 
#1 ·
so what i like mine.

#2 ·
think they are good beginer quads but i have seen some nice modded ones but you have to mod it pretty good to run with the 400's

#4 ·
yea, i agree with hindelk, they are a good beginner quad, or a "mild" quad, but not serious enough to run with the big boys, but with mods, yes they can be good quads, i've seen one bored to a 412, and with all kinds of stuff on it, that would outrun a lot of stuff

#5 ·
I love mine, I have no trouble keeping up with faster quads and even beating them in the woods, although I would love to have a Z400 in my garage even more. :D

#6 ·
I have no trouble keeping up with faster quads and even beating them in the woods[/b]
sometimes a smaller quad is actually better in the woods, for trails and tight spaces

#7 ·
I would rather have a blaster I think for a small quad. I dont know about the States but in Canada you can pick up a 2 or 3 year old 400EX for 3000 CDN so I will be getting that since it is about what you would pay for a used Blaster or 300EX in my area.
I find it very odd that 400EXs lose their value so quickly while Raptors seem to not drop below 6000 CDN.

#8 ·
cause there is millions of 400ex's out there, not as many raptors, raptors are newer, and have more displacement, which to people who don't know much, pretty much means everything

#11 ·
300exs are good trail machines and beginner bikes, my friend (jacz400) had a 300ex and he won a harescramble with it, he beat 400exs and raptors 30 quads total, i came in 6th on my 300

after i got a 400 my 300 didnt seem so great, the shocks dont soak up nearly as much and you need to shift a lot more when your taking off

if your going to be doing this dont get a 300ex

#12 ·
he's got a Z now though, so it doesn't really matter

btw: nice jump!

#14 ·
300ex

300ex are the best quads i am 16 years old and have been rideing a 1987 250x witch is the the same quad as 300ex,when it was snowing this weeking i was rideing in the street and i was not keeping up with any z but i had more traction then the z i was not getting stuck for nuttin best learners bike. 8O

#15 ·
We were looking at the 300EX and Blaster for my son who is 11 years old. He rode a 300 EX this past summer quite a bit and I rode it a few times as well. So he was wanting a manual clutch sport bike instead of the 250 4x4 Arctic Cat. We figured on this for months and finally decided on the Blaster because of all the mods availabe. Not that the 300EX is not a good bike, if you were going to just trail ride and play race with you buddies it would be fine. But you have to put more $$ in it to make it go faster. It does have a better suspension than the Blaster though.
There are a lot of happy 300EX owners out there so they must be doing something right.

#16 ·
300ex

all i got say is that i would rather have a four stroke quad then a 2 stroke with 2 strokes there is more 2 go wrong and in opinion the balster a great quad but not for a beginner that is 11 years old,and so wut if u got 2 pay a little more more for hop up u wont be hoping up a quad for a 11 year old any time till his skill level go's up. :imwithstupid

#17 ·
Actually there is less to go wrong with a 2 stroke as they have no cam, cam chain, valves or valve springs to name a few of the bigger componets. They are lighter with a lower center of gravity.
As far as a beginner he has been riding since he was 4 years old on a Yamaha Breeze then the lsat 3 years on the Arctic Cat. I'm not talking about riding around the yard either. We go to Turkey Bay a few times a year as well as Windrock. He has made some of the difficult rated trails at Windrock with out help. He usually does better than some of the grown men that we ride with. I would call him a beginer with a clutch since he probably just has 20 hours or so with a manual clutch. But you have to start sometime.

#19 ·
yes, they have disc brakes all around now

#21 ·
that's pretty much what yamaha did, they just replaced the blaster's drums with their discs...

#26 ·
The front end looks like a duck bill platypuss.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.