Suzuki Central Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are handguards worth having? All the guys I ride with have them on their quads. IMHO, I think they take away from the looks of a quad, and it seems from the pictures I have seen on this forum, no one else has them. Do you guys not use them because of the way they look, or are they just a waste of money and don't really protect anything. Just thought I asked before I spend more money on my baby.

·
Registered
794 Posts
I love them!! I have some other mods i need to do first but they're definitely up there. I don't think thy're as good for mx as they are for trails, and if u get the right ones they can make ur quad look better IMO. By the way...this should have been in the body forum. But nothing u can do now.

Later

·
Registered
970 Posts
If you ride in the bush, damn right they're worth it. You'll know you need them the first time you want a pinky on a cold day! (no pun intended)

·
Registered
105 Posts
I want a pair but I don't know know what color to get. I know if I get yellow its not going to be the same color as the Z since its brighter then the EX yellow. I guess I could get black and white maybe.

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
I dont use hand guards becuase my gloves usually protect my hands...i dont think i would get them to put on my Z...

·
Registered
94 Posts
I'm thinking on some Acerbis handguards. Some of the trails I ride on are really narrow and I fear the day I clip a tree or a big branch! Ouch!! How bad would the yellow guards look? Are the yellows that much off? Maybe black then.

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
It has a lot to do with where you ride and of course what you want. I am going to get them for mine one of these days. I've had beat up hands, and on some of the tight trails, I've had branches try and do my clutchwork too. Crazy stuff. I'll be getting black ones.

·
Registered
118 Posts
I have them and you can see pics here http://www.michelleandroy.com/gallery
I got them primarily because I ride in the woods and I am usually following dirty bikes and they throw up a lot of stones and such. It helps the hands in my opinion. It kind of keeps the mud and water off of them (to an extent) too and when it is cold out the last thing that you want is wet gloves.[/url]

·
Registered
379 Posts
The metal ones are the strongest for branches and the plastic are good for dirt and leaves. The best situation is plastic over the metal for complete protection. If these don't protect you I would hate to see what you hit.

·
Registered
544 Posts
I would get them it makes the quad look better.

·
Registered
28 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Hey DJ, I bought the yellow rally pros too. I thought they were the same yellow. I'm still thinking how they would look mounted. Its hard to tell from the pics. What does everyone think?

·
Registered
75 Posts
i run cycra pro gaurds. they are plastic over metal. you can't get the holeshot all the time and they save your nuckles. my only worry is if you get thrown over the bars your hand slips and goes between the bar and metal gaurd it could break your wrist.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts