Suzuki Central Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,043 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
2008 Can am Ds450 mx many mods like new!! - eBay (item 170691522603 end time Sep-10-11 20:40:47 PDT)

This is a cam am i was looking at and its pretty much new. Iv'e been looking at reviews and YouTube videos the past few days and there has only been four problems that come up. Something with overheating which was fixed by cutting a pink wire. The clutch squealing which can be fixed with an aftermarket clutch (and also can be fixed through a recall). And the 3rd one is people saying its slightly geared to low and just change around sprockets. For the last problem is was said to be too narrow, and this one has the 50" a-arms front. Everything i just mentioned was fixed.

List of Mods it has

New Motoworks SR4 exhaust
New Motoworks race ECU
Pink wire cut
New Battery support
New Rossier Free Air Kit
New Brp 50" A-Arms and shocks
New RPM Dominator II 50" adjustable axle
New Honda Steel 39t Sprocket
New BRP +1 steering stem & fat bars
New Blingstar Iron Cross front bumper
New Champion in a box kit- black w/ black rear rings(no paint chips)
New ITP Quadcross tires(full tread)
New E-Sticky Graphics

The only thing i would need for it is a set of full nerf bars and i'm set. What do you guys think?

(Commets say put your helmets on you dumb WooterWooterWooterWooters - No helmets, thats cool ) Always wear your helmets kids.

·
Registered
4,131 Posts
When these came out they offered a motoworks race package deal that you could apply for at the dealer. If you qualified it came with alot of that nice stuff you mentioned. It also has a in the air balance issue when jumping which requires a bit more effort from the rider to adjust to it but this one seems good to get. Are you thinking of selling your Z?

·
Registered
2,160 Posts
Well they are good mx bikes, if you are planning on doing mx riding, compared to the z, this will be much better suited.

·
Registered
2,160 Posts
Sorta, do you think this would be a good alternative to a LTR?
I never tried one but I hear they are good fast quads. Personally, if it was me I would get an ltr or yfz450r because there's better aftermarket support for them and are a bit well known.

·
Premium Member
6,043 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
But the only thing is this one wasn't beat on or anything and it's basically like a brand new quad where when you find LTR's or YFZ's their usually beat on.

·
Registered
363 Posts
In the first vid they tore up a really nice lawn...

Other than that, I race with a couple can-am 450s and all they do is complain about cornering and jumps. But like to brag about their can-am contingency programs :clap:. Other than that, I would stray away from them.

·
Registered
89 Posts
My friend Mark has one, and he doesnt like it. Cut the pink wire, pc5 and full exhaust. He thinks its just a ergonomic thing though. One thing he truly hates though is you cant see in the tank to check for fuel. Has a weird curve in the tank at the top. Actually threw me over the bars on hill climb, just stopped dead(ran out of gas)haha.
And i still beat him with my almost stock ltr, which doesnt help. he says all the time hes going to trade it in for one.

·
Premium Member
4,285 Posts
i can do nothing but PRAISE the ds450. hands down the best machine for mx. i love the ltr, but the ds is just so light and nimble, very controllable, and has an awesome powerband. great riding, very reliable, and the modular frame....i love it. my brother loves his, and all my friends running them right now love theirs. there is no complaints at all from any of them. i can jump on my brothers machine and go 100% without feeling funny or out of place on it, it feels very natural.

as for the aftermarket, there is PLENTY for it. BCS makes a lot of stuff, and pretty much has these things down to a science if you are looking to "go nuts" with port work and the rest.

the frames are awesome. they are so light, and with the ability to change pieces of it it makes major accidents not so hard on the wallet. my brother did this (see below) and got out of it for under $300 and without stripping the entire machine apart.

·
Premium Member
6,043 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Salvin - Do they have the XC version or the MX? I know i've heard that the XC isn't good for cornering and such but how about the MX one i'm looking at.

Mediogre - I really don't mind hoping on a different quad and going. I don't have one set of setting that i ride or stick with it always changes for me. Just a matter of getting used to it.

Zook - So the one I'm looking at would be a pretty sweet deal for how much I'm getting or should i look elsewhere. All I would do to this one is throw full nerfs on it and I'm set to go.

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
Not bad I think that's been listed a few times. I have been looking at getting a ds or ktm. I've rode the ds and I liked it except for the issues you listed but they all seem fixed on that one for the most part. The only thing I don't see fixed is the clutch. From guys that I race with and what I've read the only real fix is an aftermarket clutch.

·
Premium Member
6,043 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
I think the price will jump a lot in the next 5 hours. lol
Not a bad looking bike with some nice accessories.

·
Premium Member
4,285 Posts
i would want to check it out in person before handing over 100% of the funds, but i think its a great start and looks (by the vague pics) to be well taken care of.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts