Suzuki Central Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok guys with the parts i have im not satisfied :rolleyes: what else do you guys think i should get?

·
Administrator
12,453 Posts
FCR then suspension then dyna cdi then bbk in that order............but that's just my opinion.

·
Premium Member
6,043 Posts
Well i would say CDI and BBK before you get the FCR so you don't have to tune it twice. Know what i'm saying. But also suspensions first before that. I do have a arms, axle, and front shocks!

·
Premium Member
5,886 Posts
Yoshi cams are fine for what you have, good with a bbk too. If you start going bigger than 450, then they're too small. They worked pretty well for Doug Gust ;).

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well is spending over a $1000 worth of suspension really needed for when i ride at the dunes? I mean i dont ride trails too much but i have the rezzie shocks for that. Anf a dyna np is deffinately next on my build

·
Premium Member
5,886 Posts
I hear GT thunder does a nice rebuild on your rezzies. I may have gone that way originally if I had known.

·
Premium Member
5,886 Posts
The rebuild isn't that bad, somewhere between $300-$400 for front and $350 something for rear.

Check out the cam specs page for the difference between the yosh and NSHC's.

·
Premium Member
4,285 Posts
the CDI will help a lot, just having the extra rpms to rev through.

i always preach that suspension should be first, but i know nothing about dune riding so that might not be the case for you.

FCR carb would be next.

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Yea Ive been thinking about it. If someone would sell one that was already on their Z and had everything i needed to just put it on with no modification id buy one. Im not good at modding parts. And if i mess up im out of that much i paid for it

·
Administrator
12,453 Posts
check out cheapracer's Z in the for sale section.............older post but I know he still has it cuz he pm'd me about a ride.

GT Thunder-
Check back on this page for updates as we begin testing on the 2006 YFZ450

Suspension is not as important in the dunes, depending on the dunes. My only hang-up is at Glamis all the big hills have whoops at the bottom. That's where I really need it. At Dumont there are no whoops. I can/have spanked some pretty quick quads there.........that I may not have at Glamis.

·
Premium Member
5,886 Posts
check out cheapracer's Z in the for sale section.............older post but I know he still has it cuz he pm'd me about a ride.

GT Thunder-
Check back on this page for updates as we begin testing on the 2006 YFZ450

Suspension is not as important in the dunes, depending on the dunes. My only hang-up is at Glamis all the big hills have whoops at the bottom. That's where I really need it. At Dumont there are no whoops. I can/have spanked some pretty quick quads there.........that I may not have at Glamis.
Fortunately no dolphins in the dunes :)

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Well we go to LA dunes/ Forrest Hills and wiggins mississippi. Ever been to either?

·
Administrator
12,453 Posts
1 - 20 of 31 Posts