Suzuki Central Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im wanting to buy a slip on cuz i dont have the expenses to buy a full exhaust what jett should i put in my carb i have an 06 z400 all stock with stock carb

·
Registered
2,160 Posts
So you wanna spend $250-300 just to sound better?

·
Administrator
7,896 Posts
Are you going to open the air box? It is the only way your going to gain substantial power. If so, get a jet kit.

If not, you may not have to change the jetting at all. You are just gaining noise though which is lame.

·
Registered
2,286 Posts
come on guys...give him a break. most people know you not gonna see jack in HP with a slip on, but he asked a question.

Like CFM-Z440 said, you probably wont have to change jetting at all. maybe at the very most up one size on the main and/or a little adjustment of the fuel screw. But yes, getting a full system and opening your air box up will help it much more. you can find a used full system on here or ebay usually pretty cheap. ive seen them for as little as $100 before, then just get yourself a jet kit and take the lid off your box. all for less than a new slip on. if not, you can always add a headpipe later on. good luck

·
Registered
4,131 Posts
Nothing wrong with bike being louder! The louder the bike got the more I thought I was an aggressive rider (I'm really not but loud pipe made me think I was) and the more I liked to rip and give it some stabs to the throttle!:cool:

·
Administrator
7,896 Posts
This is not aimed at anyone in this thread, I am just thinking out loud...

To me, you put the loud pipe on, because it is the only way to get the kind of power out of your machine that you are looking for.
Modding anything just to look cool just makes you a poser in my eyes. It's not about looking cool, its about making your equipment faster so you can ride harder. Too many people are all show no go these days.

·
Registered
2,160 Posts
What I'm trying to say is it might be better to save until you can buy a full system or find a good used full system. Just my opinion though. Didn't mean to bash anyone :p

·
Registered
16 Posts
How many months out the year can you actually ride in southern Minnesota? On any machine you will see hp gains with a slip on and changing main jet size. A 06 z 400 needs a dynojet kit (about 50 bucks) follow some simple instructions and your bike will rip! Uncorking your quad is such a good idea and you will be so impressed with the outcome.

·
Administrator
7,896 Posts
We ice race in the winter with studded tires. Paddles will get you through a surprising amount of snow too.

And no, you dont need a jet kit unless you pull the air box lid. Maybe 1 size bigger main is all. You can add the jet kit, but it will not be important with the air box lid still on, and snorkle still in place.

You really dont gain anything noticable but noise unless you pull the air box lid and re-jet.

·
Registered
2,286 Posts
slip-ons= noise= man power! woo hoo! haha i like what Pulido said...it may not make you any faster but it makes you think that you are.

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
This is not aimed at anyone in this thread, I am just thinking out loud...

To me, you put the loud pipe on, because it is the only way to get the kind of power out of your machine that you are looking for.
Modding anything just to look cool just makes you a poser in my eyes. It's not about looking cool, its about making your equipment faster so you can ride harder. Too many people are all show no go these days.
Haha I'm probably one of those guys. I'm working on the power thing.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Put a lexx slip on with dynojet kit and modded the air box and now she rips. lotts of throttle response and feels like a totally different bike kudos on the lexx exhaust great for the money

·
Registered
210 Posts
what jet did u end up running?

·
Premium Member
4,285 Posts
slip-ons= noise= man power! woo hoo! haha i like what Pulido said...it may not make you any faster but it makes you think that you are.
until you get passed by someone who saved $50 more to buy the full system.

·
Registered
2,286 Posts

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
So if I take my can right off, I'll have the fastest z ever!!! That kinda noise has to be worth 80+ HP right!

·
Registered
210 Posts
So if I take my can right off, I'll have the fastest z ever!!! That kinda noise has to be worth 80+ HP right!
Come on now. 80hp don't be ridicolous:blahblah:

The most I was able to get with that noise was 78hp;)

1 - 20 of 22 Posts