Suzuki Central Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have my z and i need nerfs now before the spring....i have the Suzuki skids on the belly of the bike...im not sure if i should go with the Suzuki Nerfs or the DG alloy nerfs???? and if i go with the DGs does anyone no if they will fit??? I dont no if the Skid plate will be in the way....and also does anyone no if i go with the DGs if later on i can put the suzuki heel guards on the steel ones......thanks

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
Out of those to i would get the suzuki nerfs. The suzuki nerfs are probaly tougher. Somebody on here said they had the dg nerfs and they started rusting after a week.

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
dg :? i have suzuki and they are the best nerfs i have seen i stand on them even they are very strong strongest ones i have seen they are the best in my book just my thoughts

·
Registered
57 Posts
quad boss

i have quad boss nerfs and skids plates, the weird thing is they didnt fit together so we had to drill some holes in the plates. but the nerfs are kinda lose you can move them up and down, im not sure if there like that becausae of the skidz or what, other then that there pretty tuff, no rust at all.

·
Registered
3,191 Posts
AC nerfs are nice and beefy. They look great, too. If you do some searching (like on eBay) you can find them pretty cheap. I got mine on eBay for less than 100 bucks.

·
Registered
582 Posts
I will admit the AC propegs look nice, and have a large peg area. Ive seen all the nerfs and zuki has the tightest webbing of them all. The two legs of webbing that attach to the frame make a big difference. You could attach your own webbing to the AC nerfs but make sure they will hold the weight.

·
Registered
57 Posts
AC's my choice

I prefer the AC propeg. They take abuse great. I do cross country racing and can use them around trees. They hold up great and look good also.

·
Registered
8,639 Posts
I am going to speak from experience on this one.... Go get pro armor.... for 195 bucks you get both the nerfbars and footpeg all in one.... this is by far cheaper than buying ac or dg or suzuki themeselves. It really kicks ass. If you want to see a pic of it, go to the main page and look at the nerfbars from the z400 quad of the month. its the same one i got...

·
Registered
197 Posts
If you want the Suzuki nerfs I have a almost new set Im looking to sell I have only used them one time on a 3 hour ride on a farm there spot less. I am now useing AC Pro-Pegs Because I got them before I got my Z and when I got the Z the dealer ship had them on the quad.So now I have two sets of nerfs and can only use one set :) I am asking $100 for them and Ill pay half the shipping cost. If your not happy with them I would be more than happy to refund you the money. If you think this is something you would like you can call me at 859-404-1500 or email me at [email protected]

·
Registered
660 Posts
i just picked up my nerfs from pro armor, they are sweet. bolts on in minutes, everything lines up and no drilling needed. they bolt on to the frame where the pegs go.

·
Registered
8,639 Posts
yeah, forgot to mention it took me 15 minutes from the time i tilt the quad on its hind to the time I put away the last tools....

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
Somebody on here said they had the dg nerfs and they started rusting after a week.[/b]
DG nerfs are made of aluminum. Aluminum does NOT rust...jackass!!![/b][/quote]

First off thats what somebody said not me and aluminum will rust after a long enough time you dumb ass.

·
Registered
660 Posts
DG nerfs are made of aluminum.  Aluminum does NOT rust...jackass!!![/b]
actually, my buddy has dg nerfs on his raptor and he has rust on it. well not the aluminum part, i guess they're too cheap to use aluminum on the tube that connects the 2 nerfs together. they just used steel tubing. that's probably what he meant.

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
Aluminum does NOT rust... 8O[/b]
Aluminum will rust after along enough time if not taken care of. On one of my other suzukis one spot on the engine is rusting that is aluminum. Also the wheels on my z have some rust on them where the wheel goes on the hub.

·
Registered
178 Posts
I stand by my original post...You might have a rust stain on your wheel from either the lug or the nut, but it sure isn't from the wheel. If the engine case has rust it is not aluminum... Aluminum may pit after many years but it will NOT rust.

·
Registered
517 Posts
KFX Musky...Al will rust if it is not 100%Al

Not to point fingers...but there are some scientists on here...so here goes:

CHEAP NERFs(not 100%) WILL RUST...HERE IS WHY!

PURE Aluminum itself will corrode but will NOT produce rust, because rust is associated with the chemical oxidation of iron=iron oxide.

BUT,
Depending on the steel/iron content in the alloy matrix, it could rust. The really good nerfs have t-6 or better aircraft grade alloys and will not rust because they keep the iron content very low or pull it out completely using differential temps and magnetic fields and provide high stainless (non magnetic) hardware...bolts, screws, connecting tubes...etc...

Maybe HondaKiller's bud (killer bud..hehehe) had iron/steel screws and that caused the rusting or streaking?

Iron Oxide=rust

FeO...simplified chemical formula for rust

to make rust: Fe + H2O--->FeO + H2....not a balanced equation (mohls)...but you get the point.

For Al to rust...it must contain excessive amounts of Fe in it (iron...steel) and is NOT true aircraft grade material.

·
Registered
8,639 Posts
bio, you got too much time on your hand :hehe :hehe

thanks for the heads up though, I taken my share of chemistry in college and I understand what you wrote....

1 - 20 of 31 Posts