Suzuki Central Forum banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know offhand what size the rear hub nut is. The nut that you take off to pull off the hub. I searched but what i found was 1 1/4" cant be right and others telling me to use a pipe wrench. Does anyone know what metric socket i will need to take it off. I want to use a proper tool on it.

Thank You

·
Premium Member
10,210 Posts
i have a quick question. my hub was loose when i took my axle off, and when i put it back on i really cranked it down. i know theres a torque for them so i was thinking maybe i tightened them too much.

by cranking it down, could i have made the washer concave so it didn't have as much surface area on the hub thus making it loose again? the nut didn't move because of the cotter pin so i know it didn't come loose...

·
Premium Member
10,396 Posts
Wow, my stock LTZ hubnuts are 27mm (only one stock axle left), my stock LTR hubnuts are 27mm, and all the aftermarket axles I have use 27mm hubnuts (two Lonestars and an RPM)...

Are you guys fuggin' with me about the 30mm?...

·
Registered
2,179 Posts
QUOTE (NormalZ @ Apr 13 2008, 02:21 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=666510
Wow, my stock LTZ hubnuts are 27mm (only one stock axle left), my stock LTR hubnuts are 27mm, and all the aftermarket axles I have use 27mm hubnuts (two Lonestars and an RPM)...

Are you guys fuggin' with me about the 30mm?...[/b]
No not at all. Mine is a 30 mm. That is strange yours is a 27. My buddy's 03 Z and my other buddy's 04 DVX all have 30 mm too.

·
Registered
8,015 Posts
I'm with Tom...I thought mine were 27mm too. The only reason I thought so was because I've had to tighten or remove/install the hub nuts several times and I don't think my Craftsman metric socket set even goes to 30mm. I could be wrong, and I'm not home to check but that's just what I was thinking.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I have a 27mm socket and its not fitting on my hub nut.

Maybe that was another change going into 05 27mm up to 30mm. who knows

·
Registered
793 Posts
mine are 27mm. both the stockers and the lonestar hub nuts are. an 1 1/16" socket fits perfectly. maybe they changed them at some point. but it should say in the manual. i don't have mine handy just this moment but i will check to see what it says.

·
Registered
2,179 Posts
I looked through my manual and on the online diagrams, nothing comes up on that size. I know mine is a 30 because I just checked it and i specifically bought the 30 mm for that reason.

I had to pull the hub last week to allign my paddles evenly. Now I stated earlier that it fits on my buddy's 03, I can't remember if his is a 30 mm or not. I know for a fact the 04 DVX is a 30 mm, just not sure on the 03 Z.

NormalZ what year is your Z?

·
Premium Member
10,396 Posts
My Z is an early '03. However, ...

Two 1986 Honda 250Rs, both stock axles are 27mm

Obviously, the '03 Z, 27mm stocker (I have two of them, both '03s, same size)

'06 LTR, stockers are 27mm

Aftermarket Lonestar axle for the Z, 27mm

Aftermarket RPM axle for the LTR, 27mm

Aftermarket Lonestar axle for one of the 250Rs, 27mm

Hell, the only axle I have that doesn't have a 27mm hubnut is a Z DuraBlue X-33 axle, and it doesn't have hubnuts...

Let me check out a '08 KFX-450... brb... <<< EDIT - '08 KFX is 27mm, stock.

·
Premium Member
8,878 Posts
damn, this is strange! I'll try to get a pic with my digital calipers on my '03 hub nut. I seriously bought a socket set just to get a 30mm. my friends 450r is 27mm though.

hey tom, is the clutch basket nut on the LTR a 27mm also? I should make sure I have a socket for that before I start that shift pin relocator.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Mine was a huge effin crescent wrench that works wonders on the hub and axle nuts. Highly recommended!!

·
Registered
2,179 Posts
QUOTE (grimmysnr @ Apr 13 2008, 07:16 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=666585
Mine was a huge effin crescent wrench that works wonders on the hub and axle nuts. Highly recommended!![/b]
Yeah but you can mess up the studs if your not carefull. I would suggest whether its a 27mm or a 30 mm, use an impact to pull it off and a torque wrench to put it back on. Much better than using a Crescent wrench.

To each his own though.

·
Premium Member
10,396 Posts
QUOTE (captain uno @ Apr 13 2008, 05:42 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=666592
I would suggest whether its a 27mm or a 30 mm,...[/b]
I quess that's what it's coming down to at this point, huh?
The fuggin thing is either a 27mm or a 30mm!

You guys aren't conspiring against my sanity, right? With this 30mm junk? Not like I have much sanity left, anyways!...

EDIT - Fakie, I'll look at the LTR clutch basket nut - it's a wierd one, and I don't think it's 27mm...

·
Registered
2,179 Posts
QUOTE (NormalZ @ Apr 13 2008, 08:02 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=666597
I quess that's what it's coming down to at this point, huh?
The fuggin thing is either a 27mm or a 30mm!

You guys aren't conspiring against my sanity, right? With this 30mm junk? Not like I have much sanity left, anyways!...
[/b]
Not at all. I wish it was a 27 on mine because I wouldn't have had to buy the 30. I already had a 27 for the clutch basket nut and got sick of using a crescent wrench and hammer to bust it loose.

I guess the 03's are 27 mm and all others are 30mm. Not to beat a dead horse or anything here.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts