Suzuki Central Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’ve had my ltz400 for about a year and ride pretty rough trails for the limited amount of ground clearance I have. FYI, it’s on a softer spring in the back that drops travel about 2 inches. Right now I’m running 20 inch tall tires. I would like to know the best way to gain ground clearance with just tires. Do you think 22 inch tires will fit and if so how?

·
Super Moderator
3,765 Posts
They will probably fit. Thats what they run in the desert races. They will run a little close to your foot gaurds, and you might need to add a link or two to your chain to slide the axle back a bit. You may want to gear down a bit as well, they will be harder to turn. If you are running a 14 front and go to 13, that should cure both problems, or very close...

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
They will probably fit. Thats what they run in the desert races. They will run a little close to your foot gaurds, and you might need to add a link or two to your chain to slide the axle back a bit. You may want to gear down a bit as well, they will be harder to turn. If you are running a 14 front and go to 13, that should cure both problems, or very close...
I’m already geared down to a 13 up front… but thanks for the help.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts