Suzuki Central Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had the quad sideways on the trailer in front of the 4x4 (also on the trailer) and with the bouncing on the highway, the front bumper managed to scratch a couple areas on the fenders really good

What polishing kits or tips do you know of that would help to make the fenders look decent again?
Thanks.

·
Registered
1,998 Posts

·
Registered
258 Posts
at a local shop they had that stuff the guy said its not even worth it. he actually gave me a good idea when i get a new quad. buy cheap aftermarket plastic and keep the stock 1's off till ur ready to sell it and then put them back on. i like that idea, but n e ways if u do buy it id like to know how it works.

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
thats my idea check the for sale page

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the tip. I don't think I could have found it there without some help.
As for replacing the plastic...already scratched the factory stuff :(

·
Registered
258 Posts
yea me too.wish i knew that before i scratched it all up. i need a throttle cover also. i rolled my quad and my stock cover is scratched to crap.

·
Registered
104 Posts
you can get a cover for you throttle from kandkatv.com

·
Registered
3,675 Posts
right here
http://www.rockymountainatv.com go to catalog then body parts then go to the bottom and click on pc racing plastic renew

http://www.rockymountainatv.com/product_gr...lasticrenew.jpg[/b]
I have a friend that used that stuff on a white 250R and said that it's a real pain to get everything nice looking. He said you think you have all the scratches out untill you put the wax on....and then bam! They all reappear nice and shiney. He said it wasn't worth it...that he would buy new plastics before using that method again.

·
Registered
24 Posts
My friend had a blaster and what he did is sprayed the plastic down with wd-40 then rubbed it down with steel wool, the plastic was no longer shiny but all of the scratches were gone

1 - 9 of 9 Posts