Suzuki Central Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Lets say you found $850 dollars under your pillow and you decided you would like some new front shocks for your 08 z400. You love to ride trails and dunes. Which shocks would you spend your new found money on?

The quad is all stock on the front end as of now.

One more thing.....is it a dumb idea to just do the front shocks and leave the rear shock stock?

( I did a search and it just kept coming back "get a life" )

·
Registered
433 Posts
elka's, gt thunders or just some good oem from like a ltr or a 450r

·
Administrator
12,453 Posts
GT Thunder - get your stockers redone. You can do front and rear custom for your size and riding style.

·
Registered
589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
GT Thunder - get your stockers redone. You can do front and rear custom for your size and riding style.
So I just send my shocks to them and when they come back I'm going to see that much difference from stock?

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
ride.... "08" LTZ 400

drive... "09" F150 Lariat

dog.... "07" Yellow Lab

cat.... "99" Britishblue

wife... "02" Lawyer
HAHA Love your sig. I have some GT fronts. And im probably going to send my rear shock to them shortly....

·
Registered
589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ride.... "08" LTZ 400

drive... "09" F150 Lariat

dog.... "07" Yellow Lab

cat.... "99" Britishblue

wife... "02" Lawyer
HAHA Love your sig. I have some GT fronts. And im probably going to send my rear shock to them shortly....
thanks.....on your front shocks did you feel a difference immediately after you installed them

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
Honestly havent ridden them yet lol. Kinda in Afghanistan at the moment. But ive heard nothing but good praises about them

·
Registered
589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Honestly havent ridden them yet lol. Kinda in Afghanistan at the moment. But ive heard nothing but good praises about them
damn....long ways away...I could jump on over to your place and give your quad a quick ride.....then we can both know if the GT's are good

·
Premium Member
6,043 Posts
Want the rear shock as well? And by the way bimmer i owned those GT thunder fronts of 06ltz400z. I can tell you that's one of the best ridding shocks I've had so far. Trust me I've been through a few shocks lately. I could sell you my iShocks fronts if yah want :p I'm eyeing a different set of elkas on Ebay right now.

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
how much for the rear shock tucker? And do i need a special link for it?

·
Premium Member
6,043 Posts
I have the GT thunder link on it right now. If I bought a rear shock that came with the link I'd sell the shock and link but if it didn't I'll probably keep the link. Let me think about the price for it for a min and ill check out rear shocks on ebay.

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
I hit ya with a PM. Sorry for thread jacking bimmer lol:z400rules:

·
Registered
589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

·
Administrator
12,453 Posts
You can get front and rear done at GT Thunder for just a little more then Jet will be for just the fronts.
I had a GT Thunder rear shock and link for a while (traded it back to Icanzu cuz he whined about missing it) and it was very nice. I'd have to imagine the fronts are very good as well and have heard nothing but good things about them.
I got the Works triple rate spring kit (about $240)on my fronts and it was a pretty good improvement. The plan was to get them revalved at Nolleen but then I got that sandrail and......well you know how it is.

·
Registered
363 Posts
I had GT Thunder do the whole deal on all 3 of my z400 shocks for under $800. With the extended travel, linkage, dual rate springs, revalve, and respring. It made an amazing difference, I was very impressed. You lose the feeling of having to work the bike and you quickly learn to ride WITH the bike. Savvy?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts