Suzuki Central Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Question about wheel size, If the OEM rear wheel is 9x8.0 with a 20x10R9 stock tire what size wheel would I want to use if I go to a 20x11R9 tire? my guess is a 9x9 wheel is this what most of you are doing?
Thanks for any input.

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
it would work with the stock you can put 18x11x8 on 8x8 rims

·
Registered
3,755 Posts
those tires would probably work with the stock wheel

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Wheels size.

I will be getting new tires and wheels, thinking of going with 20x11R9 tire guess I was trying to figure out what size beadlocks would be best to run. Your saying I could go as narrow as an 8 but what's ideal? Some beadlocks like I think Douglas Ultimate beadlocks do not come in a 9, so 8 would be my only choice.
Thanks for the replies.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Rocks in my Tires

Oh yeah one of the many reasons for getting beadlocks is because I have a handful of pebbles/rocks in my tires guess from power sliding and hammering threw corners, they force their way threw the bead into the tire I don't seem to loose any air though. Weird huh!

·
Registered
379 Posts
I ran 9" and went to 8" and it is a much smoother ride.

·
Registered
10 Posts
if u want beadlocks, i know ITP makes a 9x9 beadlock rim, which would be what u need. any 9x9 would work great. and with those "pebbles" that u got in ur tires, i believe they would be dried up peices of the stuff they use when they mount the tires on the rims. i too thought i got rocks in my tires, but when i removed the tire i found little balls of dried up rubber.

·
Registered
3,755 Posts
the stock tires do have those things you are talking about crashinmatt, but a lot of people put their own tires on and get rocks in them

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
push it harder

Darn you mean I might not be riding hard enough to get rocks in my tire it is probably just rubber, that sucks.. Guess I'll have to push it harder. Today I talked to the local Les Schwab and they can order Douglas Ultimate Billet Beadlocks but in a 9x8. The tires would be a 20x11R9 with a 3" difference in width I guess I am really wondering how it is going to look, if the tire will seem to stick out past the wheel to far for it to look good. It will probably look good just a lot of $ to spend and not like it.

BR1GHT_Y3LL0W_Z If you run ITP Blackwater 22x12.5x9 what size wheels are your ITP T-9 Edge Wheels cause a 12.5 tire is wide.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts