Suzuki Central Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does any one know where i can get a deal on some nice rear wheel spacers for my z?

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
www.rockymountainatv.com go to the catalog, into Axles, and it is Durablue Wheel Spacers.
Hope this helps!!! :)

Little Fat

·
Registered
2,335 Posts
www.highlifter.com they have aluminum wheel spacers they have 1" and 1.5" they also have the best customer service i have ever seen...plus i am a member of Team Highlifter :)...even use my Jeep for pictures on there site

·
Registered
18 Posts
I wouldn't get spacers if you do jumps cause you will bend your axle, the z400 axle is notorious for bending, its better to get a durablue extended axle cause you will bend your axle very fast, as soon as you jump

·
Registered
336 Posts
I have sand-sport wheel spacers brand new for sale if you want them. new they were 135.00 sell for 100.00

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanx every one. Is it only on BIG BIG jumps that the axel will bend? Shoulld i just save my money for an axel and not even waste it on wheel spacers? If any one has had wheel spacers could u tell me how u liked them?

·
Registered
336 Posts
Problem is if you buy the axle then you need new A-arms and shocks the wheel spacers are only 260.00 new all the way around and give you 4- inches, go to the web site www.sand-sport.com this would save you 30.00 to buy the rears used once I pay shipping so thats another 20.00.

·
Registered
3,675 Posts
How do you justify that because you buy a new axle you MUST have a-arms and shocks. You could just buy a new axle...then buy spacers for the front. If you get the LSR axle...it has a lifetime warranty and the price is decent for an axle.

·
Registered
336 Posts
thats exactly what im doing now to my Z-400, I bought a dominator axle +4, and im using my spacers in the front thats why im selling the rear spacers, the spacers are less money for someone just starting out.

but to really do it right i`ve been told to get a new front end as well, but I don`t want to spend the money.

·
Registered
3,675 Posts
I agree...that if you really want it done right...you have do get a-arms and shocks for the front. But I think if you're trying to save money...you could get away with using just spacers up front....as long as your not racing or doing freestyle type stuff with it.

You could also just get some offset rims for the front...then you wouldn't have to worry about the spacers at all.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I have all these opions. Mabey if i told u that i am really into mx then that would narrow it down. I already did the cheapest thing to make the front end wider which is to turn the front wheels out with some washers. I am always lookin for the cheap way out of things as long as it performs the same and as long as it WONT HURT my quad :cry: (I think i'm in love w/it lol)

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Does any one know the bolt pattern of a z?

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
ok get a lonestar axle and put spacers up front i see this at alot of mx events. the rear is the only area i wouldnt put wheel spacers. i seen my friends tire fly off when he went around a corner. i have yet to see a front wheel fall off

bolt patern 4/110

·
Registered
8,639 Posts
keep in mind some mx tracks and related organization may proohibits the use of wheel spacers. The intent of the rim is to be bolted up flat against the rotor. When placing a spacer in place, you are prone to breaking the bolts right off because it pushes out the stresspoint.

·
Registered
156 Posts
I am also looking at some front wheel spacers. I have extra long travel front shocks with stock A arms and those new shocks pushed my A arms down making my front end about two inches narrower. Do you have any suggestions for a nice set of front spacers??

·
Registered
21 Posts
Get Durablue ones great quality and fit.

·
Registered
156 Posts
1 - 18 of 18 Posts