Suzuki Central Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is everybodies favorite wheel and tire combination? I am looking in to buying some wheels and tires and just wanted to have something to chew on. Let me know what you'll think looks good.

Thanks,
Knowles

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
well depends on what kind of riding you do i bought a pair of holeshot xcr tires with .190 douglas wheels and a shot of pji kevlar tire selant well whatever tire you get get it from here cheapest around and you get it in about 5 business days www.rockymountainatv.com

·
Registered
52 Posts
Me too!

I just found out how wimpy the stockers are - tweaked both my fronts (not at the same time) - still hold air no problem, but man it didn't take much to tweak 'em.

My top priority is durability - any suggestions? Aluminum or steel?

Also, does the tire have anything at all to do with wheel durability? If the stockers are 2 ply and I threw on a set of 6 ply, would the same wheels be less prone to being damaged with the 6-ply tires than with the 2-ply tires?

·
Registered
975 Posts
The Stock wheels with rolled edges are pretty tough. Ive oredered steel wheels in the past, they dont look as nice and get bent up but they do take a beating fairly well. Just make sure you at least get .190 thick if you go with aftermarket aluminum.

·
Registered
118 Posts
I like beadlocks myself, they are much easier to change a tire if you have to and they take a pretty good beating. They are pretty expensive though. I also like holeshots in the rear and bandit pure sports up front. The holeshots work in a variety of terrain, mud, hard pack, clay, soft dirt, etc. I like the Bandits because where you point them is where they go, there is no sliding in a turn. Just my .02.

·
Registered
118 Posts
If you look at them they are a lot thicker and wider at the lip of the wheel, so I would have to say that yes they give extra support. With stock rims I always seem to roll the lip of the wheel when I hit something or put a dent in it but I have never bent or dinged a beadlock.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'll be trying the Trekker rears and the Shredder fronts really soon. For the mix that I ride in it hopefully be a hot setup.

I am gonna run 21.s in the front.

In the rear I will run 18's. The will 18's usually give ya more spin and less bog on the sand hills I hear. After my buddy Billy and I factored in my heavy weight it seems it miche be the perfect combo for me where I ride. They won't spin as much because of my heavier weight. I go 240 pounds.

All I can say is.....HOPE IT WORKS GOOD. :wink:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts