Suzuki Central Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
croom riding park 2700 acre just atv and bikes...camping picnic areas...bathroom....there is a fee...you came buy a yearly pass $60 or single days $15..plus price drop as yr goes on
exit 301 off I75...head west less then 1500 feet turn right like going to hotel follow road to right and right into park

·
Registered
155 Posts
croom riding park 2700 acre just atv and bikes...camping picnic areas...bathroom....there is a fee...you came buy a yearly pass $60 or single days $15..plus price drop as yr goes on
exit 301 off I75...head west less then 1500 feet turn right like going to hotel follow road to right and right into park
Looks pretty easy, how many times you been there?

·
Registered
19 Posts
I've riden Croom quite a bit. We usually camp for the weekend. I know some people don't like it, but it isn't bad. I avoid the day use parking areas and the front bowl since that is where all of the crowds are. I head to the north and northwest areas in the woods and never have an issue with crowding. Riding during the week is great.

The bikes must have a green titled sticker and either a day use or annual pass. I just buy the annual pass since it's way cheaper if you go there very often. The rangers have never messed with me. Just don't be a fool and draw attention to yourself and they won't mess with you.

My sister likes riding the Ocala area too. I haven't done much riding up there yet. I've heard the north end trails are pretty good. We rode the Milennium Trail back around Christmas and will never go back. The trail is a huge circle and pretty high speed. But, it is narrow and single track, but not single direction. I got tired of almost getting creamed head on by people flying around blind corners.

·
Registered
436 Posts
Neither Croom or Ocala require a green sticker. I don't have titles for either of my quads. I've never even been asked

·
Registered
17 Posts
i know a few guys that don't have title sticker and they been riding in croom for many years
all mine are titled ...i enjoy this place my grandkids ride too'has a nice kids area that is all fenced in
only one way in/out plus plus shaded picnic table
i ride there most every sunday during the cool months on the gulf in summers

·
Registered
163 Posts
Regarding Croom: I heard there was just one ranger who was asking about green stickers, but I don't know if they are still working there. This person had earned the moniker "The Croom Nazi" I never had any problems, the rangers seem cool.

Croom is 70% whooped-out crap and 30% cool stuff. 30% of 4 square miles is still a hell of a lot of riding, but you've got to know where things are.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Croom does groom the trails occasionally. We went a few months ago and they had flattened out the main trails and took all of the damn dirt bike whoops out. We hauled some serious a$$ that day. When all of the northerner dirt bikers are down in the winter, the trails can get beat up. I cringe when I see all of the Ontario or Quebec tags in the campground.

If they are going to check the stickers, it will be at the gate. They usually just ask if I have stickers, and I always tell them I both the green title sticker and the annual pass sticker, whichever color it is that year. I've had a couple of them actually check the bikes in the trailer. I'd say 75% of the time, they don't actually check. Aside from going in to bring out someone who crashed, I have never seen a ranger out on the trails. All of the rangers have been nice to me. Like I said earlier, just don't be a bonehead and draw attention to you and you won't have any issues.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts