Suzuki Central Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:?: :?: I want to start adding some performance enhancements on my bike. I want to keep it simple and affordable.
I'm thinking of the following:

Yosh slip on
KN filter kit
Jet Kit???? Do I really need one for Illinios elevation?

What do you guys suggest or recommend? Whats worked well for you?

·
Registered
593 Posts
:?:  :?: I want to start adding some performance enhancements on my bike. I want to keep it simple and affordable.
I'm thinking of the following:

Yosh slip on
KN filter kit
Jet Kit???? Do I really need one for Illinios elevation?

What do you guys suggest or recommend? Whats worked well for you?[/b]
those three are a great affordable bolt on start. YES, you need the jet kit, anytime you increase the air to the eigine and then make it easier to escape with a slip-on...you HAVE to adjust the carb, plus the needle that comes in the kit is really good for your throttle response

·
Registered
320 Posts
i dont know about slip-ons really being worth it, i see them at 250$ and you can get an awesome pipe for 430 from trinity or ct. but if you must a slip-on everyone seems to love the hmf, and it is cheaper. the k&n kit is great, i have a prodesign, others the alba, just make sure you run an outerwear, it will save you maintenance. a jet kit is not necessary, a rejet is. a jet kit might make it simpler since it will save you trips to buy the different jets until you get it right.
ac

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
what size main jet should I be using? I thought I read in dirtwheelsmag that jetting wouldnt be needed unless I am at a certain sealevel....

I looking into the slip on so I can be able to switch to stock baffle depending on where I ride...some parks dont like the noise....

·
Registered
717 Posts
i dont know about slip-ons really being worth it,  i see them at 250$ and you can get an awesome pipe for 430 from trinity or ct.  but if you must a slip-on everyone seems to love the hmf, and it is cheaper.  the k&n kit is great, i have a prodesign, others the alba, just make sure you run an outerwear, it will save you maintenance.  a jet kit is not necessary, a rejet is.  a jet kit might make it simpler since it will save you trips to buy the different jets until you get it right.
ac[/b]
HMF seems to be the only company that puts effort into their slip on. People who own the others brands are always complaining and owners of the HMF slip on seem to be always praising it.
I would prefer to go for a full system though you dont want to end up wanting more performance and end up buying a full system downt he road.
For a couple hundred bucks more you can get some of the best pipe in my opionion I would wait until you can afford a full system and not waste your money on a slip on....Just my opinion though :roll:

·
Registered
320 Posts
exactly, i dont know if this is the case, but the hmf slipon might fit on the hmf pipe so you could update later??? should look into that. the jetting issue, any time you change the amount of air the motor can get in or let out, you need to adjust the fuel accordingly.
ac

·
Registered
239 Posts
ive been real happy w/ my alba slipon so far, going to a full trinity system though

·
Registered
260 Posts
my trinity kit is supposed to be delivered this weekend. I have been waiting for a month now. Supposed to be a great system but the wait is killer.

·
Registered
8 Posts
pipe

check out billspipes.com great full system not to bad on the pocket just put one on love it your not paying for a big name (yet) but a good pipe.

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
:?:  :?: I want to start adding some performance enhancements on my bike. I want to keep it simple and affordable.

What do you guys suggest or recommend? Whats worked well for you?[/b]
Check out my signature, that's around $50 in mods.

·
Registered
68 Posts
my 1st mod was the front 13 tooth sprocket, and it made a big diff!!!instead of 2nd grear up olds at glamis (slow!) after 3rd gear (better)for $15 a great mod!!!! :D :D :D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts