Suzuki Central Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm ordering basicly a whole big bore kit and some is being machined by a shop for me but I'm wanting to get a new carb for it all and am not sure which. I've heard that several different ones are great but nobody seems to agree to one. Of all the carbs out, which do you all recommend?

·
Registered
320 Posts
no personal experience, but all the pro mxers run fcr's on their yz's and crf's. i would go with the 40 or 41mm if you are getting a big bore. should shove a lot of air in there :)
ac

·
Registered
3,755 Posts
the carb straight off the DRZ is supposed to be pretty good, PM some of the guys with bore kits, they'll know, they've replaced the carbs

·
Registered
593 Posts
mikuni or edelbrock........

just my humble opinion but fcr carbs for a average guy who doesn't have a mechanic on hand like at a track...SUCK. i have never liked fcr's they jet based more towards air than fuel and they a very picky.always messing with them. just my opinion....... :)

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Of all the places and people I've talked to, they say Edelbrock. I'm new to the carb part. I've modified engines before but the carbs were replaced by my bro-in-law and they were 2-strokes. We're not as knowledgeable w/4-strokes. What size by the way? I've seen places offering varieties and sizes. I've got the cash and want a good race carb that will provide excellent power gains.

·
Registered
3,755 Posts
Big Air: is the DRZ carb an fcr?

Psychosis: with that 440 kit you plan on getting I'd say maybe a......39mm.....mabye 41....not exactly sure???

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I was looking at getting a 41mm but not 100% decided. THe parts for the kit are coming from various places and a few are being machined by a local shop and they said either Edelbrock or an FCR. Any more input?

·
Registered
593 Posts
Big Air: is the DRZ carb an fcr?

Psychosis: with that 440 kit you plan on getting I'd say maybe a......39mm.....mabye 41....not exactly sure???[/b]

you know bright i don't really know. it could be.

i am talking from experience here with fcr carbs. my friends have been bringing bikes to me for along time and everytime i had to fight a carb to get dialed in, or they were going to change elevation or something the fcr carbs SUCKED.......now they may produce the most hp and be awesome with your own personal mechanic, but for guy's not made of money and don't want to mess with it all the time, i just don't think it's the right carb. i like mikuni's, in case you can't tell, basically there race carbs is what i like and edelbrock carbs are awesome........i think when they get it dialed in and ready to go on a Z.......i may even have to switch, nothing wrong with my carb it RULES.but i love edelbrocks and if they pan out to be as good as i think and easy to work on and still have the best power gain........it's a no brainer for me, but i'm going let the market test them for awhile and then make my decision.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts