Suzuki Central Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
z400, from what i hear its got near raptor power, 400ex handling, and is VERY comfortable(i sat on one at the dealer, the T seat uis awsome!)
the 400ex is out of date...

·
Registered
94 Posts
When you post this kind of a question here you already know your answer! Before I bought my Z400 I read everything I could I could on the 400ex and Z400. Everything points to the Z400, just read all the reviews,tests and shootouts. For the same price as a 400ex you get liquid-cooled, reverse gear and awesome looks! and if thats not enough to convince you then just test drive both of them. Honda is falling behind...

·
Registered
794 Posts
The 400ex does everything the Z can but slower. And it will take more money to get ur EX faster.

Later

·
Registered
6 Posts
I would say get the Z, the 400ex is a great bike but the Z has more for the same amount you can get A 400 for. The 400ex is air/ oil cooled the Z is a liquid cooled machine w/ almost as many ponies as the raptor.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Honda has also been having welding problems. a lot of the welds are breaking on them.

dave

·
Registered
2 Posts
well i dont have nothing against either quad i mean of course every1 u ask on this site is gonna say get the z if u go to ex riders it is mostly gonna be the 400 well im from ex riders and like i sadi i would say get the 400 ex not be couse it has more power couse i mean face it it dosnt but the top speeds are the same and he power of he z isnt to far exceeding a 400ex other than that i think they are the same but my motto is wait atleast 2 years to buy a quad after it comes out so that the factory has time to work out the kinks in it couse almost every bike has a problem when it comes out take the raptors transmissions for example and the cannondale frames and if u go with a 400ex and wait a little while to make sure everything is ok and then if u hae ne hought about that u might want the z trade the ex in

A

·
0 Posts
So far, I haven't had any problems and I've been riding my Z400 for almost two months straight....about every two or three days at a minimum. I've also raced against quite a few 400ex at the local mx track near my house....and for the record, it's an extremely noticeable difference in speed. I can't say for sure on the handling because I haven't been on a 400ex. I'm a new rider and the z is my first quad. My friends brother has a 400ex with some engine mods and he tells me my z is still faster. Of course, there's only so much you can do for a Z when it comes to aftermarket mods...but the choices are growing rapidly. I say you get more bang for your buck with the Z. Cause I compared it a lot to the 400ex before I bought mine. But the Honda dealership guys where dissing Suzuki soooo bad...that I made my mind up to buy the Z mainly because of what I read and the far more friendly attitudes of the Suzuki guys. But research a little and find out what you prefer...because everyone likes and dislikes certain features about everything.

·
Registered
221 Posts
go to a dealership where they sell both, and they will rave about the Z. All i hear is disses from everyone at my Honda, Suzuki, Kawi, Yami, Polaris dealer.

dave

1 - 12 of 12 Posts