• WhiteBrothers

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, as some of you might know, I need Skid plates fast! Should I get PRM Skids or White Brother Skids? Can I order the skids right from WB or do I have to order them from a dealer?

·
Registered
794 Posts
I say PRM I've never heard a bad thing about them. The only time ur ever going to have with their plates is in the swingarm, but thats if ur trying to hits rocks or r a rocky area or a REALLY rough area. Thats when i would get a Pro-tec steel skidplate.

Later

·
Registered
773 Posts
im going with pro armor, they are more expensive but beefier. their a arm guards are awesome

·
Registered
794 Posts
I hear Pro-armor are good but they don't look good to me. If u go 2 dirtwheels.com they have a pic of a Z with ful protection and its looks chinsy but i doubt they are.

Later

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
That Z with the parts on it has all the suzuki parts...they are very expensive too...by my budget they are...lol...

·
Registered
794 Posts
That Z with the parts on it has all the suzuki parts...they are very expensive too...by my budget they are...lol...[/b]
Which Z are u talking about...I'm talking about this one (if it works)

Later

·
Registered
794 Posts
For $15 more than Suzuki swingarm skid u can get the Pro-tec stainless steel plate. If u look at the pro-armor swingarm skid i posted is it just the angle cuz it doesn't look like its covering the brake rotor.

Later

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
well the back of it is stil kind of open...and i take it it is the same with the chain and sprocket...

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks for telling me that...ill order the skids this weekend or monday...i didnt tonight because i went riding...

·
Registered
794 Posts
Sweet, I think i'll be going PRM if i don't have someone makes some.

Later

·
Registered
100 Posts
I am also trying to decide between PRM and Pro Armor???

Anyone seen both???

Any feedback/info???

I can't beleive that the Pro Armor does not cover the rotor, but that is what it looks like in the pic???

Thanx,
LOBE
~~~~

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
The Pro Armor swing arm skid does not cover the rear shock linkage...so it has two plates...PRM covers the linkage with the swing arm skin...the PRM skids are about $70 less then Pro Armor.

·
Registered
221 Posts
i have the PRM on my 300 and i plan on putting PRM on my Z too. They are awsome!!!

dave

·
Registered
379 Posts
That is my quad on the Pro Armor website. The swingarm skid does in fact cover the rotor and sprocket very well. My friend and I have been riding with them and hitting as many rocks as possible and they have held up perfectly. It is the strongest that I have ever seen. The reason for the seperate skid for the rear shock was to save weight and the shock linkage moves in motion which could cause contact with a 1 piece skid.

·
Registered
100 Posts
So, is there a noticeable weight difference between the PRM and Pro Armor???

Anyone have anymore info comparing the two??

I am still trying to decide which to go with??

Thanx,
LOBE
~~~~

1 - 20 of 28 Posts