Suzuki Central Forum banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so now that I have got my exhaust and stock carb all tuned up to its full potential I realize already that I'm goin to want to do more to it. I think I'm just going to go all out on this one and get cams, a FCR carb, and a big bore kit and anything else I may need to hold all of that together reliably (thats one thing I need help with) first off let's start with the big bore kit choice, what company is the way to go? The two I am looking at as of now are max power and Cylinder works, is there another company I should be looking at instead? Once I find which bbk I'm getting I'll worry about which cams and FCR carb to get along with it.

Thanks a bunch guys

·
Registered
2,340 Posts
Athena is a popular choice.

·
Premium Member
5,886 Posts
As of right now, i'd advise not to go with Athena, having an issue installing mine. If you do choose that route, make sure the cylinder fits correctly (mine does not). I'm kind of regretting my choice, and wishing I just bought the Cylinder Works kit.

Cylinder is not mounting flush, the skirt of the cylinder is hitting the case.

·
Administrator
12,453 Posts
CW or one of the Magnum kits. There isn't much point in spending anymore money then you need to.
You may want to think about suspension first. It's hard to go fast when you're out of control. I wish I would have sunk more into my suspension and less into everything else.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Really? I wouldn't have though suspension would be a key thing to upgrade except for comfort purposes. What does upgraded suspension do for you over stock? It is an 07 though so keep that in mind as I heard the 03/04 suspension sucked a**

·
Administrator
12,453 Posts
How much do you weigh?
Stock suspension is not bad but does not compare to a good aftermarket set-up (or stock shocks re-done) that is built just for you. I don't know this from experience but just from what I have learned here.
What I do know it that I can watch my buddy fly past me through the whoops at the bottom of Oldmobile Hill because his suspension is far superior to mine. Once on the hill I am a little faster but it really doesn't matter if he's already 3 bike lengths ahead of me.......
I'll let some people with more experience on the subject chime in. I could be completely wrong.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I weigh 165, none fat. 6'.

·
Administrator
12,453 Posts
I think I read that the stockers were sprung for around 180 so your good there (counting gear).

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
So no suspension work required? :D

·
Administrator
12,453 Posts
I didn't say that but it could have been worse if you only weighed 140........still recommend it but like I said others may disagree. If you're like me you'll ignore what I'm saying and go for the hp :lol

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hmm. Looking around I notice I can do just big bore, or a big bore stroker. My goal here is to maintain reliability (no high compression please >=| ) do would going with a stroker be bad? And I noticed that the "ice cube" kits are actually cheaper than the CW kits so I think I'll go with them as long as no one has any objections?

Thanks

·
Premium Member
5,886 Posts
The "Ice cube" kit is over $1000. You may be looking at the max rpm stealth kit. The ice cube is a full billet cylinder and 95.5mm piston.

·
Administrator
12,453 Posts
Hmm. Looking around I notice I can do just big bore, or a big bore stroker. My goal here is to maintain reliability (no high compression please >=| ) do would going with a stroker be bad? And I noticed that the "ice cube" kits are actually cheaper than the CW kits so I think I'll go with them as long as no one has any objections?

Thanks
"I noticed that the "ice cube" kits are actually cheaper than the CW kits"

I'd like to know where you see that...............maybe I'll get one for one of my other z's

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Indeed I must, price is an objective so a CW kit off eBay is the way to go I'm guessing or what? Choices choices... CW 434cc bbk w/ or w/out stroker, max rpms 434 cc bbk stealth (btw what's stealth mean, as you mentioned it biggie), max rpms 440cc, max rpms 470 cc bbk stroker, max rpms 485 cc bbk stroker... Whew lol

·
Registered
2,286 Posts
man if i had the money to blow, id do the 485 icecube

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 · (Edited)
How much? Pretty much what I'm looking for there too..

And I found a deal guys let me know what you think of this setup:

Athena 434cc bbk
Old style hotcams
4/5 row cam chain
DRZe springs
Raptor petcock
400ex boot
FCR carb (as of right now 41mm but whatever I get for a good price I get)
FMF Powerbomb Header
FMF Factory 4 Exhaust
UNI air filter
Dynatek CDI (later)
Kibblewhite valves
New piston ring

Anything else you would add to that? Are there better options than I chose somewhere?
Thanks.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts