Suzuki Central Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I picked up a set of front kenda dune runners for my waynoka trip next month, I had a quick question on the tread on these, it's a single Mohawk up the middle but the Mohawk is slightly leaned one way and is flat on one side of the Mohawk an the other side is beveled I'm assuming the beveled side goes outward am I right? So they'd be like this on my quad. (l----l)

·
Super Moderator
4,609 Posts
There is a direction of rotation arrow near the bead on all directional tires. It never lies. :)

·
Premium Member
7,168 Posts
On sand tires the flat edge should be towards the outer side of the wheel. It should state which tire is which if they are directional.

·
Super Moderator
3,420 Posts
It is up to personal preference.. One way they grip more than the other. They are more likely to grip and throw you when the sand gets wet, with the flat side out, but work better in the loose stuff, IMO..

·
Administrator
12,449 Posts
It is up to personal preference.. One way they grip more than the other. They are more likely to grip and throw you when the sand gets wet, with the flat side out, but work better in the loose stuff, IMO..
What he said. Mine are all flat edge out, round edge in.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok there's no directional arrow I tried that card, will they're really be that much difference if I leave the bevel outward versus inward in dry sand? so if its wet out there it don't get to bar crazy on me

·
Administrator
12,449 Posts
If they are already mounted I wouldn't worry one way or the other. You'll have fun either way!

·
Super Moderator
3,420 Posts
I haven't tried it the other way, so I can't tell the difference.. All I can say is there are sometimes I wish I had it reversed, but not often.. They can even build up enough side bite in soft sand to throw you in some situations..(Downhill turns). As long as you know it can happen, you won't be completely caught off guard..
If you had a tire changer, you could swap them over cheap and try it both ways..

·
Premium Member
5,886 Posts
I'd imagine as long as they're both mounted with the same edge facing outward, it'd be ok. I wouldn't mount with the edges facing in the same direction.

·
Premium Member
7,168 Posts
If you look at the sand stars the dual rail on them has the taper of both facing Each other sothat either way you turn you have a flat edge on the outside. I love the sand star fronts, the best fronts IMO.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yeah these havnt Been mounted yet i think I'll do tr bevels in and flat edge out,Once I'm out there I'm stuck with it either way... Lol this will be my first trip with front sand tires my last trip I just had a new set of front x Rex knobbies

·
Premium Member
7,168 Posts
You'll notice a little difference between sand tires and knobbies. Here's my sand stars

1 - 12 of 12 Posts