Suzuki Central Forum banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:evil:
OK.. I went riding this weekend and the yellow from some of the flowers(sunflowers) got on my plastic and it wont come off.. I tried everything. I tried straight bleach and several other types of Chems in very small areas but it wont come off.. It's all over my plastic too. I love the white but this will suck if I cant get this stuff off... any help please...

·
Registered
1,739 Posts
Soft Scrub Will take out the stains but may dull the shine a little

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Is this a something I can get at Walmart? I'm going to get these stains out and give the plastic a good wax.. Hopefully this will keep the plastic shiny.. Dull I can handle if need be. Yellow stains I cant.. Anyone else know of anything that will work? Thanks ACDC

·
Registered
94 Posts
What about an SOS pad? I read somewhere that it works good ... only on white plastic though. I've never tried it. :?

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
:?
I bought some soft scrub last night. I'll try it later today, but if straight bleach wont do the trick..... I think i'm going to have to use something with some texture and get down into the plastic. I'll let you guys know the verdict with the soft scrub.. If that doesn't work i'll try something else.. this w00ter is all over my plastic though. Not in just one spot

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well the soft scrub didn't work.. It takes a little of the color away but doesn't get rid of it. I really dont want to have to paint my plastic. That will suck.. Is there anything I can do?

A

·
0 Posts
Well our 2 WHITE Z's atre fine. What we do is use some Comet and a wet rag on the tough spots. It works! Then once your done...give your plastics a good Pledge coat to restore the shine.

Jamey

·
Registered
1,739 Posts
Man it must be some bad crap. I have never seen anything soft scrub would not clean.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The thought of comet crossed my mind but I thought it might ruff the plastic up to much. I think the sunfloweres have like a dye in them. This sucks this bike is less than 2 weeks old. I'm thinking of having it painted at a body shop... I called my dealer and they said that nothing would work that they carry, and were not aware of anything that might... what a bummer
I'm looking into painting it a bright honda red.. I'm sure I'll get flamed for that statement but there red is really clean and a good color to hide scratches and stuff. Moderator.. will you move this to the general forum and see if I can reach any other riders in that forum.. thanks Zeeper

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
There must be something. I think you need to go to the more intense chemicals. If you paint your plastic it will be like the Special Edition Grizzly, its going to peel away and look like crap.

I just had an idea. How far could the dye of gotten into the plastic? Chances are not very far so its more the on surface and not in the plastic really. Why not take a razor blade or something like that and scrap a tiny bit of plastic off. If you do it right it might look OK after.

I would not paint my plastic, your asking for trouble, one roll over and it will start flaking big time.

Can you take a picture and send it to us to see how bad it really is?

·
Registered
94 Posts
I wouldn't paint it either. If the scrubber didn't work I would sand it out with sandpaper working your up the grit then polish out.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I'm thinking of just painting with a white pearl. Maybe just a pearl clear coat that will cover the yellow on the plastic. The soft scrub helps but it is still there. My dealer wouldn't do anything for me. They basically said your screwed. Thanks alot right.. anyways.. i'm still working on it. I'm going to contact a couple of motorcycle shops and see what they have to say about it. What a w00ter.. maybe a decal kit.. but i'm going to wait for a few more scratches to do that. I like the Alba but $135.. jeese that is alot for some stickers. I dont need the seat cover. what do you guys think?

·
Registered
94 Posts
How does the cost of the paint job compare to the decal kit? If the decal kit is cheaper go with that.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Have you tried rubbing compound. The mines where I ride throw a lot of junk on my white z400. I little Mcquires scratch remover takes everything off that soap won't. Just an idea for ya

Dan

·
Registered
127 Posts
the best way to get stains out is a product called meguires vinal and rubber shine....always works great on my z and pro honda polish works good also

·
Registered
86 Posts
:D Brake Clean. spray it on a rag and wipe only the stained areas. Purple Stuff {Castrol?} same technique.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Try Laquer thinner i use it on my Blaster. I wet down a rag and wipe all the fenders down it looks just like new when i'am done. :D

·
Registered
52 Posts
To get the full effect of the bleach or soft scrub, you need to let it stand out in the sun for a few hours while the stuff is on the stain. Apply every hour or so.

Using this technique I was able to remove 99% of a black permanent marker line from some vinyl on my boat. .02

1 - 20 of 56 Posts