Suzuki Central Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for a jetting baseline, so please help me by telling me what jetting changes you've all made. Also tell me about your airbox mods, so I can put all the data together. I just ordered a Yosh comp system, with Pro-Design foam filter, and a Dyno Jet kit. I can't wait to install it!!!
:

OH YAH, elevations would help too. I'm at around 600 feet above sea level, so anything from 0-2000 feet would be perfect.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
So, no one rejetted their Z when they put on their Yosh system? And I guess everyone left the stock air filter on too.

Oh well, I guess I'm on my own!! :(

·
Registered
3,755 Posts
So, no one rejetted their Z when they put on their Yosh system?  And I guess everyone left the stock air filter on too.

Oh well, I guess I'm on my own!! :([/b]
somebody's done it, just keep bumpin' it, lol

question: why'd you choose the Pro Design Filter, something good you heard about it? just curious, cause I want a new filter for X-mas and the only one's I've really heard about are the K&N and Uni.

·
Registered
517 Posts
went to 155 main, snorkel removed, twin air filter, lid on

as above,

installed with the YOSHI Ti race system.

love it!

155m, snorkel off, lid on!

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Biohazard, that's the info I was looking for. BTW, I went with the Pro-Design foam filter, cuz the terrain where I ride is basically anything and everything from sand, dirt, mud, deep water, etc. And the guy at K&K atv told me that the Pro-Design foam filter will catch pretty much everything and still flow almost as good as a K&N.

He said guys use K&N at the tracks, to get the most HP, but they are constantly cleaning their air filters. So as a trade off for 1/2 a hp, I went with reliability.

I looked at the UNI, but the Pro design has an outer filter that catches everything, so you don't have to actually take off the clamped on filter, you just peel the outer filter away and clean that.

·
Registered
106 Posts
KFX-Musky, I installed the Yoshimura RS-3 Competition Full Exhaust and left my lid and snorkel on. No modifications to my airbox whatsoever. I had to rejet to a #122.5. I did that because I ride in some dusty and muddy areas and don't want any extra stuff coming through.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Sorry for the delay... Just sent ya an PM... Go with an Outerwears air box cover. They are definately the way to go. Rid the snorkel and airbox lid and run a 155 main for best power gains. That 125 main someone was talking about would be way too small and the bike would run too lean. Be sure to do a plug check after rejetting. Dont just pull the plug but get the Z up to speed at about 3/4 - full throttle then kill the engine and coast to a stop and do a plug check that way. That is the only way to do a main jet plug check... Outerwear box cover is a must and is less than $20

Let me know what you think...

·
Registered
118 Posts
Hey Spa

Do you still recommend the Outerwear for the airbox if I have one on the filter itself? I guess it would prevent the airbox getting filled with dust and mud. Let me know what you think! Thanks.

·
Registered
195 Posts
The box cover allows you to keep the lid off the box and not let water or dirt/mud to fill the air box. Because the K&N style filter is not as effective as a foam filter, I would run both if I used a K&N type filter. For a while I ran with no lid on the box and no cover and noticed a large amount of dirt and even mud sitting on the top of my air filter. I was surprised because the seat covers the air box pretty good I thought... The overall loss of airflow with the two outerwears would really be minimal for the average rider so yes, I would run both... :oops:

·
Registered
48 Posts
I have got the Yoshi full stainless system,with no lid or snorkel and a K&N with outerwear. I am running a 152.5 main jet and it seems OK but i am getting it dyno tuned on Monday morning so i will let you know if it is right.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I've got a question...when you guys remove your snorkel's, do you just leave an open hole in the front of the airbox, or do you cover it so no crap gets in. Just wondering?

·
Registered
195 Posts
I just took the cover off and left the snorkel. Removing the snorkel would not let any more air in than simply taking the cover off the end. I have the outerwear cover so with no airbox lid airflow is not a concern for me anymore so leaving the snorkel on reduces the chance debris will enter the airbox through that area.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Cool, that just leaves one less opening for me to worry about. Thanks SPA!!

·
Registered
87 Posts
I left my snorkle on too. Didn't see how it could help any with the airbox lid gone. I have the Pro Ti system with a 165 main and went up one size on the pilot. Runs like a bat outta hell!

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
How much Horsepower does that pipe supposedly add? Does the pipe have different bends than the comp systems? I'm curious if it is anything more than titanium that makes it cost so much.

·
Registered
48 Posts
THE ONLY DIFFERENCE BETWEEN THE STAINLESS SYSTEM AND THE TITANIUM SYSTEM IS THE TITANIUM ONE IS LIGHTER, THEY BOTH PRODUCE THE SAME HP!

·
Registered
147 Posts
Outerwear box cover is a must and is less than $20

Where did you get it? I haven't seen any.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts