Suzuki Central Forum banner

1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
4,131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well im bored and my pets dont do any tricks but eat lol. So just want to see if you guys wash your own quads or someone else? My friends daughter washes mine, she does a good job so of course i give her 10$ for her hard work. Ive carried her in my arms as a new born and now she is 13, dam that makes me feel old. Me and her parents went to school and grew up together so we're a tight unit. Heres some pics, i know she isnt wearing a helmet, but the quad isnt on or key isnt turned, she just hopped on after she washed it:)

·
Registered
2,286 Posts
i normally wash mine when i get some mud on it, but i try to stay away from the mud now a days. normally unload it at a "do it yourself" type car wash and go to town with the pressure washer.

·
Administrator
12,453 Posts
I wash my quad....I wash my wife's quad................................and sometimes I wash my son's quad (when I want it really clean) but that's gonna change.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Im lucky enough to wash mine! Cause i seem to be the only one that can get them clean!

·
Registered
259 Posts
I wash mine and my wife's.

·
Registered
2,160 Posts
I wash mine, sometimes if I come back to tired from the dunes I may stop at a car wash and have them wash it but I hate having to keep an eye on them so they don't blow all the stickers away with the pressure washer.
Here's one having it washed at the car wash...

Attachments

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
I wash both of mine, sometimes I can get my daughter to help. I have to wash them for sure if you get Ocotillo mud on them. So much alkali in the soil it will eat your aluminum.

·
Premium Member
4,285 Posts
damn i need to find a pic for this thread....after moto 1 at a soupy mud race, my brothers LTR had zero compression from ingesting silty water. i let him run my quad, but my moto was close to his, so when i drove off the track i parked it and he started washing it and changing the filter while i got out of my gear and cleaned myself. a fellow racer took a pic of him washing it and then everybody used it for a while to break my brothers stones, because it was the 3rd race in a row he blew something up on his machine.

normally, i am the one to wash it. its not uncommon at races between motos for us to help each other out and wash other peoples machines, so my brother and a couple close friend racers will do it occasionally.

i would love to be able to say "my wife does it in a bikini" but she does a terrible job, and wouldnt be wearing a bikini at my garage or the race track so..... S.O.L. on that photo op.

·
Administrator
12,453 Posts
I wash both of mine, sometimes I can get my daughter to help. I have to wash them for sure if you get Ocotillo mud on them. So much alkali in the soil it will eat your aluminum.
Been there, done that.......nasty stuff!

·
Registered
2,160 Posts
Like a boss :cool:

·
Registered
589 Posts
I wait till it rains...then just push the quad outside.

·
Registered
433 Posts
I'm in a constant state of clean my dvx :)

·
Premium Member
5,886 Posts
I wash my own, to the point that my friends make fun of me. I'm sorry, but there's nothing quite like a clean quad ;).

·
Administrator
12,453 Posts
I wash my own, to the point that my friends make fun of me. I'm sorry, but there's nothing quite like a clean quad ;).
argreed.........and I would highly recommend a product called Sprayway Instant Shine. Stuff is amazing but I've only found it on the internet.
Awesome stuff!

Sprayway Auto Care Instant Shine

·
Registered
4,131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·

·
Registered
2,340 Posts
I polish once a month, wash when eva its got dust on it, m keboad is messing up, idk wh but it wont let me tpe some kes. If u haven't noticed that lol.

1 - 20 of 66 Posts