Suzuki Central Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As the title says, I see a bunch of guys running just rear beadlocks. Is there a purpose to this? Just curious. I figured some guys probably bent the fronts and threw the stockers back on.

·
Premium Member
6,043 Posts
No I would say you can burn though a set of rears quicker than a set of front tires. And also because the rear stock rims seem more susceptible to bends. So reinforced bead-locks are a must for them.

·
Registered
2,160 Posts
Plus they add more unnecessary weight. They might come in handy in an XC race but they aren't really needed in mx.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ok, thanks guys I don't mind the look, in my opinion the beadlocks look bulky but I don't mind them at all. I'm really glad my DWT's came on my quad and I didn't have to buy them. Some hyper duals would be sweet thou!!!

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
Beadlocks in the rear are not just for reinforcing the wheel. If the tire goes flat you still run on it without the tire spinning on the rim and transfer power to the ground. Also they help prevent flats by holding the bead of the tire to the rim. If you hit a object hard enough you can actually unseat a tire bead.
I love my hiper tech 3 dual beadlocks I wouldn't run any other wheel besides these from now on. They take abuse that would leave some wheels a mangled mess and they aren't as heavy as you think. Well worth the investment, I wish I had bought mine sooner but I couldn't afford them right away. Nice thing about them is they are dual bolt pattern too so if you ever buy a yammie they fit that too.

·
Premium Member
4,285 Posts
streetfighter is right.

the main reason why you see rears more than fronts is because of the way you take hard fast corners...with tha ass end drifting out sideways pulling on the outer bead. the most common bead failure with non lock rims would be the outer rear.

the front tires are usually pointed in the direction of travel, so there usually is not much side load on them (compared to the rears) and the front suspension is better at soaking up some abuse that could otherwise rip the bead off.

i would love hipers but i think that will be my last mod. in the mean time the itp or douglas aluminum locks will have to do!

·
Registered
4,131 Posts
Hipers look so sick, why do they have to cost so much:bawling:

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
What do you guys think about powdercoating the lock rings white on a white z? Maybe nerfs and bumper too.

·
Premium Member
4,285 Posts
do it. i have seen it on a bunch of other quads it looks real nice.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
That's been my plan from day one, I've loved white forever. Anybody know where I can see a pic of one?

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
1 - 12 of 12 Posts