1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Super Moderator
3,363 Posts
Wow! Good thing it didn't blow up 4 feet sooner, would have been much worse!!

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Crazy day, im jus lucky i bailed when i did.

Was seat jumping in in second, it prob flew off as soon as i blipped the throttle. And it locked up the crank. Bent 3 titanium vavles.

·
Registered
954 Posts
That sucks man.

·
Registered
286 Posts
When was the last opportunity you had to replace it? (How many hrs)

Crazy day, im jus lucky i bailed when i did.

Was seat jumping in in second, it prob flew off as soon as i blipped the throttle. And it locked up the crank. Bent 3 titanium vavles.

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Couldn't tell ya honestly. This was about 6 yrs ago.

I just know it was was over due, since it was loose enough to come off. I just see on here to often people wanting to reuse a timing chain or trying to ask if they should replace it when rebuilding.

This is why i tell ppl to replace it every top end rebuild. Ive learned my lesson.

·
Registered
528 Posts
Lol had same thing happen 2 years back .. Another major mistake is if you have an mcct or modded acct ....some adjust the chain to tight where it streches again and fails prematurly

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
After all that, i have a mcct now. Mainly cause an auto one can only go so far. Like how crappy the stock ones are on these Zs. But like i said i replace mine every time on every machine i have owned when i rebuild the motors.....its already apart why not replace a 50$ piece while its apart.

·
Premium Member
7,168 Posts
dang that sux! Lesson learned for others, I hope.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts