Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is the current set-up on my ltz 400 k4:
hot rod crank
+4 strocker con. rod
CW 434 bbk
Full procircuit exhaust
airbox less
drz valves springs

If you had this right now, wich cams would you buy? I will probably buy from web cams...
Web Cam Inc. - Performance and Racing Camshafts

And do you know around what my jetting will be at sea level?
thanks

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
Hot cams...

If you're at sea level you're going to have to go real big on the jets.. I'm 500 ft. Above and my jets are huge for the mods i have...

·
Registered
767 Posts
Buy the 540/540 or the 540/539 with your setup and definitely add a fcr carb!! Don't bother with hot cams they are useless in a big bore stroker!!

·
Registered
2,286 Posts
Buy the 540/540 or the 540/539 with your setup and definitely add a fcr carb!! Don't bother with hot cams they are useless in a big bore stroker!!
x2 ^^^ check out 711streetfight's build. he put in the 540/539 and races XC. he says it has tons of power from bottom to top. i believe he also has the 434 bbk with the +4 crank IIRC.

·
Registered
2,160 Posts
+3 ^

·
Registered
660 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the advice!
For now I am running out of money and my father is getting tired of seeing my bike apart in the garage, I will put back my stock cams.... for a not long time!
Wich jet should I put you think?
I was thinking to try
stock starter jet
25 pilot
4th needle (dynojet)
170 main
sea level

·
Administrator
7,896 Posts
+4^^^

I think you should buy jets for an FCR and throw the stock carb in the scrap... its really that big of a difference.

·
Premium Member
4,891 Posts
yep

·
Registered
2,340 Posts
+4^^^

I think you should buy jets for an FCR and throw the stock carb in the scrap... its really that big of a difference.
Finding a cheap FCR is like looking for the Australian in the British group. So so hard!

·
Registered
2,340 Posts
Idk but I would just buy some Stage 2 Hotcams cams and call it a day.

·
Administrator
7,896 Posts
FCR's come on a lot of different things now days, or there is also the 04-05 TRX carb which is usually pretty cheap and worked almost as good. Either way Your displacement is WAAAAY too big for that weenie little stock carb, and also too big for any hot cams, if you are looking for any real power.

·
Registered
2,340 Posts
Well get the biggest Web Cams maybe, Hotcams are prime in motors like mine. Its just the only thing I run.

·
Registered
2,160 Posts
It's easy to find a cheap FCR if you are patient on ebay, I got mine for 85 shipped and it was an FCR 40. There was a member a few days ago that got one for 91 and he said there were some others going for that cheap.

·
Premium Member
5,886 Posts
I've seen a bunch go in the last few weeks on ebay for $90-$110. Just have to be patient and look.

·
Administrator
7,896 Posts
How about an FCR37? The carb off the YZ250F

They are great on a 400cc bike Even though they are only a mill bigger, they dont have a big throttle blade in the path to disrupt air flow, so they flow quite a bit better than the stock carb.

·
Registered
2,160 Posts
For a 462 I would get an fcr 40 off a 06+ trx 450 or bigger.

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
Try mega cycle cams. They are very aggrasive. Great for bbk applications depending on what your doing

·
Registered
660 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I will do the ''break in'' with stock carb n cams, then start to check to buy fcr 39 and probably webcams
It has been a month since I started to fix it! It takes a long time to ship to canada -.-

1 - 20 of 29 Posts