Suzuki Central Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2003 Arctic Cat DVX 400
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So over the weekend i hot everything done to my new to me 04 DVX 400. New tires, oil change, wheel bearings air filter etc. It runs great, had plenty of power. It just has some quirky idling characteristics. Like when I first start it, sometime it will idle high for about 30 seconds, then settle into a nice idle. It will sit there and idle forever perfectly. It dosent seem to matter if it's hot or cold, but does it more so when cold. The bigger problem is when riding. I can put around, or go on a full throttle assault l, but when I pull the clutch in and go to come to a stop it will just die if I dont blip the throttle. It will immediately start back up, but then do the same thing when I go to stop and pull the clutch in. I tried taking the lid off the air intake to see if maybe it was running rich, as it does puff a tiny tiny bit of black smoke when idling but it did not like the lid coming off.im changing the plug and cleaning the carb this weekend. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
331 Posts
i believe that cleaning the carb will be good starting point fo that...

·
Registered
2003 Arctic Cat DVX 400
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah from the research I've done on here, changing the plug, cleaning the carb, checking the throttle cable and installing the raptor 660 petcock I got should take care of it

·
Registered
331 Posts
yep looks like u on the right path

1 - 4 of 4 Posts