Suzuki Central Forum banner
21 - 22 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
The charging system and ignition system are seperate, but the stator is responsible for making the power for both. Having spark means nothing about battery voltage. If your voltage is low, it is either a bad voltage regulator/ rectifier which is located on the left side of the sub frame, or it could be the stator.

There is an easy test if you can run an ohm meter. One of the plugs coming from the stator will have 3 wires all the same color. (white or yellow, I cant remember which right now) Unplug that connector, and check the resistance all 3 ways. (make hsure you are checking the one coming from the stator) They should all match pretty closely and be around 1 or 2 ohms.

If you dont get a reading on one of them, or the reading is way off from the other two, then your stator is bad. If they all read correctly, then your voltage regulator is bad.
The charging system and ignition system are seperate, but the stator is responsible for making the power for both. Having spark means nothing about battery voltage. If your voltage is low, it is either a bad voltage regulator/ rectifier which is located on the left side of the sub frame, or it could be the stator.

There is an easy test if you can run an ohm meter. One of the plugs coming from the stator will have 3 wires all the same color. (white or yellow, I cant remember which right now) Unplug that connector, and check the resistance all 3 ways. (make sure you are checking the one coming from the stator) They should all match pretty closely and be around 1 or 2 ohms.

If you dont get a reading on one of them, or the reading is way off from the other two, then your stator is bad. If they all read correctly, then your voltage regulator is bad.
hi I just wanted to know if my stator is reading 1.0 ohm that means I need a need stator and do you know how to check the rectifier

21 - 22 of 22 Posts