Suzuki Central Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New to group and I know very little about working on quads. I ordered a fcr 39 carb off eBay and it looks completely different I can’t seem to find the throttle sensor or choke? Did I get the wrong carb or can this work any advice will be greatly appreciated
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
You

·
Super Moderator
3,567 Posts
Looks like the slant style. That should work fine, but I,m concerned about that intake horn. That would allow dirt straight into the carb and motor. It would certainly destroy the engine quickly in a dusty environment. Carb would probably do better, but I think I
would pull the slide and clean it up, IMO.

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
This looks like a street bike FCR , it looks like it's going to be fine, the choke should be above intake inlet (close to the engine side - fuel feed side - but it's not installed so i guess you have to buy it) and the TPS is not applicable (I'm running mine without TPS even though I have the plug installed and it's completely fine - but i plan to get it later)

Sent from my ASUS_I001DC using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
Thats for a street bike. Youll want to get rid off the red thing and try to find or make something to mount on it that you could connect to the airbox tube. I think I might even have a complete one on the shelf in the garage if you dont want to mess with figuring that one out. Id have to look to be sure. That thing just seems to me like it will be a pain. I dont though. Give it a shot

1 - 4 of 4 Posts