Suzuki Central Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
At the end of last fall I threw my chain and took a decent chunk out of the case. I had the case welded, looks great from the outside and the inside was completly flush with the rest. I put the motor back over the winter and it fired right up. Went to put it into reverse and wouldnt shift into first. It is almost like the shaft isnt engaging into the drum. Not very expirnced with transmissions on these things. Any one have ideas? Just want to get this wheeler going.

·
Registered
388 Posts
It's possible you've bent or broken a shift fork? Think about it, your chain wrapped around hard & fast enough to bust your case and most likely put a ton of pressure on the shifter shaft...

If you're not experienced with transmissions then you'll want to either get a shop manual or take it to someone that knows their stuff...

·
Premium Member
10,210 Posts
Check to make sure that the shaft itself is straight, or that you put the shift pawl or reverse lockout in correctly when the cases were split

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yeah i was thinking i broke something. could something be miss aligned? cause it shifted into second when i threw the chain. but now that everything is welded it wont. cause to weld it i had to take out an seal and some other small pieces that i put back.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts