1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
2,058 Posts
it depends on what type of riding for a rec averge a little jumping manily trails peron it will do but if u jump alot i wold sugest elk or tcs or pep

·
Registered
2,058 Posts
it depends on what type of riding for a rec averge a little jumping manily trails peron it will do but if u jump alot i wold sugest elk or tcs or pep

·
Registered
970 Posts
Works are great if you special order them for your weight. You can get the spring color you want and most of all you need to make sure on the A-Arm length. You can keep the stock front end height if you ask.

I spoke with a dude that had Elkas yesterday. He hated them. Way too harsh and made his quad way low in the front. Looked like a flat tracker or something. Any upward movement by the shock at all would have his A-Arm past horizontal. That can't be good for camber, bump steer or turn in...

·
Registered
970 Posts
BTW, if you don't race you probably don't need the added benefit of the remote rezzies. If you ride trails and hit the occasional jump the works would be ok.

·
Registered
1,739 Posts
I love my WORKS! Most of the people that say crap about them have never even owned a set. They read the the magizine hype of Elka and Axis.

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well mostly i ride trails to get to the jumps.

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Oh does anyone know if this set is made to fit the stock a arms?

·
Registered
2,058 Posts
yeah i dont think works makes long travel

·
Registered
13 Posts
works are excellent shocks i weigh 300lbs and cant bottom mine out i had them custom made for my weight its worth the price saving if you are a rec rider like me a big arse guy like me dont get alot of air but i sure need a soft landing for my quads sake :)

·
Registered
1,930 Posts

·
Registered
8,639 Posts
I met some ppl myself who also hate the elka's.... This is why I have choosen to go with Custom Axis shocks.

Axis shocks are not a big hype. And it's much better than work shocks. Works shocks, from what i have been told, have problems with people blowing the seals. On axis shocks, very rare to hear of such.

In essence, I think axis shocks are much better quality, and respectively, its not really all that much more than the top of the line works.

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Does axis have a website?

·
Registered
1,739 Posts
I met some ppl myself who also hate the elka's....   This is why I have choosen to go with Custom Axis shocks.  

Axis shocks are not a big hype.  And it's much better than work shocks.  Works shocks, from what i have been told, have problems with people blowing the seals.  On axis shocks, very rare to hear of such.

In essence, I think axis shocks are much better quality, and respectively, its not really all that much more than the top of the line works.[/b]
I like my Axis shock but I have had Works that have rode just as good. For hard core racers, Axis are stronger. I can show you some Axis with seal failure also!

·
Registered
8,639 Posts
acdc, obviously no one is going to have every single shock be indestructable. But I changed my mind just the other day when I placed my order because I talked to three different prorider who bought elka and switched to axis.... and all three said the liked the elka, but was't built to the specs just right.... axis was dead on....

·
Registered
18 Posts
Opinion only: My take on the whole thing is, what brand name are you going to get suckered into. Here's an example: You see two pairs of shoes that are exactly the same, shoe A and shoe B. Shoe A is your normal everyday shoe, but shoe B has a famous basketball players name all over it. Remember these are the same exact shoes. Shoe A sells for $30 and shoe B sells for $130. Point is, when someone gets sponsered by Nike or Reebok, or in our case Elka or TCS, expect the price to be double or more because of the name recognition. Every company makes a low and high end model of their certain products. That's just how business's run.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts