Suzuki Central Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok so i was riding my quad and i shut it off, and tried to turn it back on and it made a click sound, so me and my friend tried to pull start it but every thing is lock up so dose any one know what happend?

·
Premium Member
5,886 Posts
Pull the plug for the crank on the stator cover, try to turn the engine by hand. If you can't turn it by hand, pull your spark plug and try again with it out. If it won't turn you've got some problems.

Check your oil level, if it's not lurching forward when you try to start, I would say the clutch is ok. If it's just not turning over at all, it's possible you're seized up. Did you go through a lot of water on your last ride?

·
Registered
342 Posts
Hmmmmm.

·
Premium Member
5,886 Posts
Pull your timing tensioner, see if there's anything left. If it'll only turn a half crank maybe a valve let loose and hit the piston. Next step is going to be to pull the head and see what's going on.

·
Premium Member
6,043 Posts
Make sure your grounded and all wire that are supposed to be on the battery are still connected. Mine shut of on the track once like that and it clicked once or twice and it turns out the screw on the battery came loose.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Sounds like it gobbled a valve :eek:

·
::3 Pump Chump!::
3,047 Posts
check the fuze thats on the box next to the battery.. it has like a green cover. i fried a fuze and it only did that.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Spam!

·
Registered
260 Posts
i've had the same trouble. loose battery connections or a dead battery will cause this

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
ya i found out what was wrong the air filter came off and it let dirt in so yanickfc i would check your air filter because it could be the same thing

·
Registered
4,131 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,886 Posts
ya i found out what was wrong the air filter came off and it let dirt in so yanickfc i would check your air filter because it could be the same thing
You've got dirt inside your motor? What did you do to fix it? Get yourself a clamp on air filter, and use some punctuation and grammar ;).

·
Premium Member
5,886 Posts
honestly i dun kno y ne1 uses it its so much ezier to type like this

1 - 20 of 32 Posts