Suzuki Central Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4,981 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
****SOLD****

Just as stated in the title, I'm looking to get rid of these.

The athena kit has 1 race season on it and a handful of trail rides. The piston is still in the cylinder so you dont have to replace the rings, though I would probably recommend doing it since its already apart. It has some green engine paint on it that could easily be scrubbed off with some mineral spirits.

The hotcams are the more aggressive old style ones. I bought them from another member on this site and never installed them. They have some wear on the shafts but the lobes and gears are in good shape.

The cam chain has the same amount of ride time on it, plenty of life left. Its already been taken out of the motor so I cannot give the amount of clicks left, but it should be good to go for quite a while. It is a 4/5 row cam chain and will require some minor modification to the upper cam chain guide. Its a very simple process and I'd be happy to walk you through it. I probably have a write up somewhere on here on how to do it.

The gaskets are brand new in the package. I believe they are cometic gaskets and are for an LTZ not a DRZ. This means you will need to separate the 3 layer base gasket and use 1 of the layers to get the advertised compression ratio for the athena kit. They are obviously 94mm to fit the big bore kit.

The DRZe springs are brand new in the package, I bought them from advantage cycle quite a while ago and never installed them.

All you need is a new set of valves (recommended) and some new piston rings (recommended) and you'll be good to go. I used this setup in my race motor and was able to put out about 43hp on the local dyno. A stock Z400 on this same dyno puts out 27hp. I ran an FCR40 exhaust with a K&N filter in the stock airbox (no lid) with an HMF carbon fiber exhaust. This setup is a high revving motor that will lay dust to a lot of 450's out there with the right rider.

I'm looking for get $450 shipped for the whole package, I do not really want to separate any of it unless someone buys the big bore kit. But feel free to make offers. As far as trades, I might be interested in a nice MIG welder or something like that. Not really looking for any more Z400 parts. Let me know what you have.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Huh... This is pretty much exactly what I needed.. :D I will get back to you sir!

·
Registered
4,981 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Figured someone would make use of it. Its been sitting in my garage for a while and I haven't got around to getting all the other stuff I need for my other KFX to put it on. Might as well pass it on :)

·
Registered
2,286 Posts
$450 shipped is a pretty good deal for a good setup. GLWS!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts