Suzuki Central Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i need to know everything about XC racing. I have never done it before and I need all the info I can get. I need to know how to sign up(i will be in NJ), what I need, things to prepare for it, and what thing i need on my quad to be competitive. Are there any classes (i assume there are) for my 300? any noise restrictions i need to know about.

dave

·
Registered
51 Posts
id definetly get, new suspension, a steering stabilizer, beadlocks, xc tires,. bumper, nerfs, all thats gonna cost around 2,000-2,500$
but before all that id go ride some xc just tomake sure you like it first...and theyre many classes for racing...

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks

dave

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
wouldnt you want re-inforced rims rather than beadlocks?

dave

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
sorry for all the posts, but, what do you need for MX? same criteria as the 1st post.

dave

·
Registered
142 Posts
you really have to have a belly skid and a swingarm skid. That oil bolt from front of engine to oil tank looks kind of volnerable. Stock tires will work but holeshot xc's of some sort, they have a few kinds now, just look and see what the top guys are running in the gncc series from a mag article. They will be taller than stock tires some and you will get stuck easier on the smaller stocks. You can get by with stock rims and tires no big deal. Your rims will get all ugly but stockers hold up fine. Check for rule requirements on the races you plan to attend. The benefit of a beadlock in xc is that incase of a flat it will be easier to get back to the pits casue the tire cannot come off the bead and or slip even when flat. Depends on where you ride if youll get many flats. Most likey you will need a tether kill switch. Sound will be tested at National stuf but probably not muany other places. GET A STEERING DAMPER after you get the skids. This will help improve speed on trails more than anything else on a ex or Z in my opinion. Helment and boots with long sleeve shirt will be required. Most other safety is optional.

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
XC racing is alot of woods and some open areas where they usualy have jumps and straight aways...you will need good skids, and bumper...beadlock rims are a good idea, tires with tread made for trail racing like the holeshot XC or XCT or XCR...Im not sure about the rules or anything or noise restrictions, but i believe you do need a spark arrester (in MX you dont need one)...

·
Registered
142 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts