Suzuki Central Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know, I know.. there is a whole thread on this but i'm curious. How exactly do you install the YFZ shrouds the the Z400? I really like how it looks but, where do the radiator shrouds mount up? Also, aren't you supposed to cut them or something to get them to fit? How do you go about doing that? Can those of you who have done this mod please help me out?

·
::3 Pump Chump!::
3,047 Posts
Its all in the thread about the littlemisse mod

·
3,047 Posts

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I think i've got it now.. so basically all you have to do is cut the back, pointy end of the shrouds off (tank end), paint them, and install them? the bottom mount connects to the bottom rad mount (that's what i believe LittleMissE said?) and you have to make your own custom mount for the top there by buying some kind of mount from a hardware store or something..

That's basically it right?

·
3,047 Posts
yes and no i mounted the left side to the bottom mount and made a custom top one and the right side a mounted to the top and made a custom bottom one

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
sounds a little confusing, but i'm sure it's fairly simple.. i put an ad up in the YFZ section of Raptor Forum to see if anyone can sell a pair (if not there is a guy selling a blue set for $23 shipped on ebay) Would you be willing to post a picture of your Z so I can see what the radiator shrouds look like?

·
3,047 Posts

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Just bought a set of blue 2006 rad shrouds for $23 on ebay.. hopefully this mod will go pretty smoothly. Whats the best way to cut the plastics and smooth them out?

·
3,047 Posts
Just bought a set of blue 2006 rad shrouds for $23 on ebay.. hopefully this mod will go pretty smoothly. Whats the best way to cut the plastics and smooth them out?
drumel tool. or a knife and sand paper

·
Registered
3,665 Posts
I had did this years ago.

I made this bracket that went from the lower radiator mount on the left side and used the other end of this bracket to mount the lower right side. For the upper mounts I used some of the same material and made brackets about 5 inches long to go from the top mount of the scoops to the hole in the frame.

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Where did you get the yellow paint for the shrouds? Matches the plastics perfectly

·
Registered
3,665 Posts
It was Valspar brand plastic paint from Lowes. The yellow is almost a perfect match.

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Valspar huh? I used valspar paint for my KFX nose piece (needed to repaint it)
Looks really good..

1 - 14 of 14 Posts