Suzuki Central Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey guys, I posted this on LTR450hq but I'm not getting any replies so I'll post it here too. I'll just copy & paste what I wrote there.

So I was looking at dyno threads... This one in particular,
06 exhaust vs. 08 exhaust - Suzuki LT-R450 Forum :: LTR450HQ.com
And then BAM! It hit me. The stock exhaust flows pretty well right? And power is made mostly in the header right? Meaning that I could save myself $235 + international shipping for a replacement RS-5 muffler and get myself a set of nerfs.

So what do you guys think about this? Will the stock muffler hold back the Yoshi header's gain or not? Has it been done before?
Or has anyone modded the stock muffler to fit any kind of aftermarket header?
A draw back that I see is that the stock muffler weighs a ton compared to the Yoshi muffler.

Or should I attempt to have this pos repaired?

Attachments

·
Registered
2,160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
It wont, it's for an LTR 450.

·
Administrator
12,453 Posts
What the hell did you do to your exhaust?
From that link it sounds like you need to get a stock '08 can.........

·
Premium Member
10,210 Posts
Get the RS5 fixed. Ran without packing and no power commander for a while, eh? Just the can from yoshi shouldn't be too expensive, you still have the endcap right?

·
Registered
2,286 Posts
he has an ltr450 huntergreen...read his post above!

·
Registered
2,160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
I do have the end cap. I have no clue how it happened. When I got the ltr it had the Power Commander already and it seemed pretty well tuned. It didn't have much packing left when I took it out. The old version is prone to breaking, maybe mine broke jumping or something. I didn't realized it happen until I was washing it at home. I did notice the bike got a bit louder but I didn't think I would have a whole that big.

·
Premium Member
5,886 Posts
Unless you're selling a muffler for a ltr450, Hughesc is right.

·
Premium Member
5,886 Posts
I have a stock muffler minus the endcap from a z400 for a small fee that I could ship you.
He's looking for an idea on a yoshi head pipe on a ltr 450.

And as far as your post after that to hughesc.... The op isn't selling a head pipe. Read.

What does what you posted have anything to do with that?

·
Premium Member
5,886 Posts
Chino, i'd be very curious to see what the yosh/stock exhaust combo would yield. You could start a trend ;).

·
Premium Member
10,210 Posts
Was it the oval tip or the round tip? There was a recall on the original ones to switch them out to round but they don't do it anymore. For whatever reason my RS5 gets extra hot too, its the only exhaust that burns stickers off. I have the generic Yoshi sticker on a bunch of different exhausts and they've last fine, but it got toasted off the RS5 within a day

In response to the above ^^^^^ I wish there was a like button on this site like facebook

·
Registered
16 Posts
hi i know this has nothing to do with this topic but i tried and tried to start a thread/ post and i could not so could someone answer my question or tell me how to post. My question is on my ltz 400 i just recently tightened my chain and lubed it and it would make a really loud clicking noise every full circle of the chain can someone please help it is relly annoying!?

·
Premium Member
5,886 Posts
hi i know this has nothing to do with this topic but i tried and tried to start a thread/ post and i could not so could someone answer my question or tell me how to post. My question is on my ltz 400 i just recently tightened my chain and lubed it and it would make a really loud clicking noise every full circle of the chain can someone please help it is relly annoying!?
Is your axle adjusted straight? Do you have the right amount of slack in your chain when you're sitting on it?

Go to "forums" then pick the appropriate section you've got a question about. Look at the top left of the section you want to start a thread in, there should be a "new thread" button that you can hit to start your own.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts