Suzuki Central Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
3,755 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does Yoshimira make a high performance header pipe for the Z? i would like to get one, and if possible i'd like to get the same brand as my slip on. do they have a website?

·
Registered
384 Posts
no they do not make one, they make a complete or a slip on.

·
Registered
3,755 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
so would another brand header work with the Yoshi slip on? like an FMF, i know they'd fit each other(same size) but would they work good together?

·
Registered
384 Posts
yeah the yoshi with like a fmf powerbong header would be a good combo.

·
Registered
582 Posts
I was told monday the powerbomb or standard header from fmf would not fit just right. I would have liked to have been told wrong. They are in stock just down the street....

·
Registered
593 Posts
I was told monday the powerbomb or standard header from fmf would not fit just right. I would have liked to have been told wrong. They are in stock just down the street....[/b]

why not, they should.

just wondering what they told you the reason was??

·
Registered
3,755 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yea, that's the combo i was thinking, they should fit cause, the Yoshi fits a stock header, and an FMF slip on fits a stock header, and fits the Powerbomb, so that shows they are the same size, so they the Yoshi is fit the FMF

·
Registered
582 Posts
I thought the same thing. Had it in my hands to purchase.
This is a guy thats been in the shop a while, and given good advise.
Anyone else wanna try it?

·
Registered
107 Posts
Why don't you just buy the full comp system from Yosh? Isn't that one of the better systems?

·
Registered
593 Posts
yes it is one of the better systems, but the powerbomb, unless i have been mis-informed delivers better mids. i ride the sand and the mids are the main thing i want. if the mids were the same with the full system i would just keep it. but i plan on selling that, keeping the slip on and buying the powerbomb and mid pipe from fmf. i'll do some research and see if this can really bolt up.

·
Registered
3,755 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Why don't you just buy the full comp system from Yosh?  Isn't that one of the better systems?[/b]
cause i've already paid for the slip on, so i'd rather just get a better header, for only like $190, than paying $450 or so for the complete system........

·
Registered
107 Posts
Gotcha!!! Now it makes sense to me. I like the powerbomb too, but it's more money than the yosh. How much HP are they advertising?

·
Registered
593 Posts
well from what i have been told by the mechanic at the local shop here is, the yoshi slip on is like 4-5 hp by it's self, then the fmf powerbomb header is lik 2-3 and the mid pipe gives you 1 hp or so.

so if you look at how the system would work and use 8 hp as the figure, we have it figured that it would be like 2 hp low end, 4 hp mids and 2 hp top end.

but if the damn thing doesn't mount up, that shoots that all to w00ter.

i am waiting for a e-mail back from fmf to see if this will work like i think it will.

·
Registered
3,755 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
yea, that sounds good, 2 hp low, 4 mid, and 2 high, i have heard that it helps more in the mid, and not near as much in the high

·
Registered
582 Posts
i am waiting for a e-mail back from fmf to see if this will work like i think it will.[/b]

Any response yet Big Air?

·
Registered
593 Posts
NO.and i am getting a little pissed off. i have wrote alba, yoshi and fmf and none of them have e-mailed. which leads me to believe that they don't have any clue if it will work or not........but i am going to keep harping on them and get a answer one way or the other. :twisted: :twisted:

·
Registered
582 Posts
Just got off the phone with another supplier, the fmf head pipe will only work with fmf slipon. The head pipe is larger tip to tip. If you purchase
an fmf slip on you must have the mid pipe to match up the stock z head pipe. Purchase the slip on and head pipe from fmf the mid pipe is not required.

well, looks like a complete system in the works.

Anyone need a slip on yoshi? lol

·
Registered
593 Posts
Resq...you have to be shitin' me??? i can not w00terin believe that!! when i bought it the guy said he was more than sure that the fmf would fit. well, i had someone interested in buying the full exhaust now i guess i have a slip on for sale....un-freakin' believeable.

well, thanks for the info........i guess :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

·
Registered
582 Posts
yea, didnt want to believe it either, but thats two techs that have told me the same answer. I will stick to yoshi exhaust. I really enjoy what power the slipon yoshi has put forth. You can really tell the sound apart from other exhaust pipes in the woods.

If your going to buy a complete exhaust let me know. Maybe we can get a deal if we both go into the purchase together. I will send you my work email in pm.

Resq

·
Registered
308 Posts
Guys all is not lost. Muffler shops have the capability to stretch and shrink pipe. It would be very easy to stretch the slip on a little and shrink down the header if needed.

Tracy

1 - 20 of 30 Posts