Suzuki Central Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What would be my ideal jetting with the airbox and snorkel on, I am wanting to race gncc's and dont want the lid off, right now with the stock filter my 155 main dosent seem right, It stumbles at about half throttle, until it gets hot, I was wondering if anyone was running this or a similar slip on and had some jetting recommendations. it dosent miss or anything at half throttle just kinda falls on its face then picks back up. I am running no snorkel or lid, and stock filter till my stuff comes in. Help.

·
Registered
773 Posts
which pipe did you get? and 155 is way to high i think

im gonna run that same setup as soon as my damn pipe gets here, its been 6 weeks already! but thats a different rant

ive heard that i should run a 145

try that. or just get the whole dynojet kit thats what i did, now i ahve every one possible to try till i get it right.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I have the Yoshi slip on and K&N filter with Alba adapter and snorkle off and am running a 155 main and 25 pilot. Close to sea level and 70 - 80 temps.

·
Registered
379 Posts
One came in to Trinity running like sh!t and they put in a 165 main and moved the needle spacer and that made it run run better.

·
Registered
773 Posts
a 165 with the airbox?

·
Registered
45 Posts
What is the elevation and temps where they are using the 165 main?

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i am at 155.5 now main stock pilot.

·
Registered
85 Posts
One came in to Trinity running like sh!t and they put in a 165 main and moved the needle spacer and that made it run run better.[/b]
Yea, check the needle

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
Re: trinity

trinity pipe, alba adaptor, kandn filter, outerwears. 12 holes drilled in box. 155 main spacers moved to bottom.. I have a flame thrower as the video proves.
http://www.rpgden.com/extreme/cgi-bin/movi...odpipesound.mpg[/b]
Maybe you can help me.I just had a stage one jet kit installed.I have an adapter and K&N filter.The air box lid has 3 big holes over top of the plastic that is on the bottom side of the sir box lid and 5 little holes that are on the top side of the air box lid that doesn't have that plastic on the underside.I hope I did not confuse you.You have the same lid so you probably ubderstood.??The problem is it is still getting to much air or something as it was before the jet kit was installed.So my mechanic taped up the 3 large holes and it is better.I thought if you install a K&N filter you need to take the air lid off or have the holes.Is there such a thing as having to many holes???I know the needle is on groove 3 and he did the kit for below 5000 feet.It was bogging down when I gave it gas in 3rd untill we taped up the 3 large holes.I am getting a DG Xcellerator for it.Any suggestions??Thanks DEWIE

·
Registered
45 Posts
It sounds like you need a larger main jet, depending on the size that is in there now you should go up 2 - 3 sizes more and take the tape off and then see how it runs. If it runs ok do a plug check. I have a k&n filter with the snorkle off the airbox and a slip-on with a 25 pilot and 155 main. I am close to sealevel and 70-80 temps.
What is your elevation and temps? If you can look at you main jet size, we can help you more. When you put on a slip-on it would be best to change your pilot for better low end.

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
only suggestion i have is to not put anything dg on your quad, you will not be impressed, save the money and get a better pipe!!!

·
Registered
773 Posts
what makes you say that?

i am big fan of DG products, especially bumpers.

·
Registered
582 Posts
Dynojet instructions are to jet 124 with their needle and stock washers-nylon bushing, 3rd slot clip. This is with an aftermarket slipon pipe, with lid and snorkel still on the bike, no holes drilled in the lid. Under 3000 ft sealevel.

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
aproy, basically cause their junk, there grabbars are 1 time use items, there pipes are absolutely horrible and have lost hp ont he dyno before. there bumpers are archaic in design and have been used since the late 80's the the pipes u see on tim farr's bike is a one off, custom deal, the pipe he used to run on the blue bike said dg but was also a one off made of carbon fiber, the bike in the add that doug gust rides has only a dg bumper the rest are one off pieces, its not an ltz, and he dosent use their exhaust he uses tc racing's is not dg.. so if your sponsored riders dont use your stuff, why would anyone else want to, simply put it, dg is cheap and basically an oem replacement of lesser quality. if dg was the last company on the market, my bike would be all stock. I make the comment on dg because i and everyone else i know that has used there products have had nothing but trouble or bad luck, there quality is absoultely horrible!

·
Registered
582 Posts
Anyone removed the endcap from the snorkle and left the rubber part connected to the airbox? Dynojet says to jet 144 with aftermarket pipe. Big jump from 124 just to remove the cap.

·
Registered
87 Posts
I drilled 8 - 1" holes in the airbox lid and installed filtered vents. I did not remove the snorkel. It doesn't restrict air flow IMO, but keeps crap and water out.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts