Suzuki Central Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a Yoshimura Comp Full system and the Noss K&N set up. Not sure about running with lid on or off also I dont have a clue about jetting what do I need for jetting. I dont care about the money I want the best. What do I need to get. I have a guy who can help me put it in but he is a 400exGOD. I need some help on this from the Z400 pros. Thanks for all your help!!
Also I live in Kentucky I have heard something about the sea level of were you live has something to do with it. So If someone could tell me what to buy and how to set it or how ever it works. Thanks

·
Registered
4 Posts
Re: Yoshimura pipe install and K&N need Jetting HELP PLE

I HAVE A 2003 WHITE LTZ 400 WITH YOSH FULL STAINLES SYSTEM ALBAS K&N FILTER KIT 15 TOOTH FRONT SPROCKET MADE FROM A DRZ.THEY SAID TO RUN A 150 MAIN JET LID OFF SNORKEL REMOVED. BUT I'M RUNNING A 157.5 . I WOULD BUY 150-165 AND TRY THEM. I KEEP GETTING CONFUSED BECAUSE WHEN YOU HIT REV LIMITER I THOUGHT IT WAS THE MAIN JET.I'M IN MICHIGAN. IF YOU HAVE NOT INSTALLED YOUR PIPE YET I WOULD CONSIDER WAITING FOR A WHILE. MY SYSTEM ONLY GIVES YOU 1HP. I'VE HAD TO SEND MINE BACK TO GET REPACK AFTER 5 TANKS OF GAS.I LIKE THAT THE SYSTEM TECH KIT MAKES IT QUITE. IM A WOODS RIDER.

·
Registered
3,675 Posts
Re: Yoshimura pipe install and K&N need Jetting HELP PLE

I have a guy who can help me put it in but he is a 400exGOD.[/b]
He should be able to help a lot. Jetting is jetting...it doesn't matter what kind of bike it is. If he can jet the 400ex good..then he can help a lot w/the z400 as well. My friend helped me do it and he has only ridden hondas all his life. I only say this because it's a lot easier for someone to point out parts and explain them....you also learn a lot more. Hopefully he knows his stuff.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts