Suzuki Central Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does Yoshimura make different tips for their pipes?

llknowlesll

·
Registered
3,755 Posts
I don't think so, but I may be wrong on that one

·
Registered
582 Posts
Just the TEC option that consist of 2 inserts. small & med.
With your set up run the medium tip if you buy the package.

A view of what they look like under the TI option.
http://www.yoshimura-rd.com/exhaust_dirt.asp

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
What tip comes stock? Is it the small or the big? Does the big one offer more power? I am looking to get the most out of it. Like anybody of course.

llknowlesll

·
Registered
582 Posts
The tec is optional. The slipon from yoshi has just the bent down end cap and spark arrestor. The slipon version of the suzuki yosh has a straight end cap, spark arrestor, and small tec. For some reason the medium tec is not included. You have to buy the kit from yoshi to obtain it. $40.oo

Running without the TEC option gives you the most power, but the most noise. The medium insert is the best of the TEC kit.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I just went and took the stock TEC quiet core insert out. It was the small one. The noise doesn't bother me where I ride. Is it ok to run this like this? Will it hurt anything or cause any problems?

llknowlesll

·
Registered
582 Posts
Only if it doesnt run lean. I went up one jet size just removing the small tec.
Yoshi recommends that also. I went as far to cut the small tip off and some of the plate to keep the spark arrestor in place. Have to have that where I ride.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
What would I have to change? The Main jet?? I am running a 150 right now just because that is the biggest I have. I want to try a 155 or maybe even a 160. What do you think about this??

llknowlesll

·
Registered
582 Posts
The main jet is correct. You will have to test your lean/rich condition by doing a run, checking the plug.

How does your plug look before you remove the tec option? Remove the tec and make another run. If it doesnt cut out, and runs good check the plug condition making sure your NOT lean. Lean is bad
http://www.off-road.com/dirtbike/tech/2002sparkplug/

Alot of info on plug condition just by doing a search.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
You are saying that the main jet is fine at 150? I need to change the needle or clip? Is that correct?

llknowlesll

·
Registered
582 Posts
What would I have to change? The Main jet?? I am running a 150 right now just because that is the biggest I have. llknowlesll[/b]
You are right about changing the main jet. That is the jet to change. ONLY if YOU believe that once you have removed the small tec that you have created a rich/lean condition. You dont have to change the needle or clip.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Sorry about that. I was confused. I think that I am going to have to change the main jet. I could have probally ran a 155 with the small tip but the biggest i had was a 150. I am gonna try a 155 and see what happens.

llknowlesll

1 - 12 of 12 Posts